Outdoor Education Co-ordinator (DofE and CCF)
Grade 12, Point 12-19 £22,183-£25,481 per annum,
Actual Salary £7,470-£8,581
15 hours per week, Term Time only (38 weeks per year)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Lead Coordinator for The Duke of Edinburgh Award (DofE)
and Combined Cadet Force (CCF) at Frome college. You will perform a vital role in managing and delivering the DofE and CCF programmes. This role will focus on enabling students to develop powers of leadership through training and to promote the qualities of responsibility, self-resilience, resourcefulness, endurance and perseverance among participating students.
The role is for 15 hours per week, with flexibility of the actual days worked depending on the demands of the role.
Candidates will need to demonstrate the following
- Experience of organising outdoor activities and hold relevant educational training
qualification (preferably water or mountain leader) or willing to undertake training.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate with a
range of professionals, students, parents/carers and school colleagues.
- Excellent coordination and organisational skills.
- Proven track record in leadership and management, or be able to demonstrate this, with the
ability to lead and teach young people across all ages.
- Enthusiasm, experience of working with young people to motivate and encourage them to
achieve their goals and aspirations.
- Willingness and commitment to work within a framework which supports young peoples’
development, health, wellbeing, safety and safeguarding.
- Be prepared to work long, sometimes odd flexible hours when on weekends and camps
away from home
Frome College is a successful, vibrant and forward thinking 13-19 Upper School with approximately
1200 students. It is a fast-moving school undergoing exciting and rapid regeneration. We are based on a stunning campus in easy reach of Bath and Bristol. Frome itself is a thriving market town, with a vibrant artistic community with the renowned Frome Festival, monthly Sunday market and many restaurants and 2 theatres, one of which is on campus.
Benefits of working at Frome College offers the opportunity to be part of a strong community and
supportive workforce. Free parking, onsite catering and nursery. Access to various opportunities as part of My Staff Shop with Somerset County Council including Cycle to Work Scheme.
Closing date: Monday 30th November (8am)
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure Procedure.
Frome Community College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.