We are looking for an experienced teacher with a passion for drama; someone with energy and enthusiasm who is able to manage competing priorities.
- You will be the Head of Drama and the primary Drama teacher for KS3.
- You will support the Curriculum Team Leader for Creative & Media in the day-to-day running of the Curriculum Team.
- You will line-manage the Music department
- You will review and revise our existing KS3 schemes of work for Drama
- You will spearhead the reintroduction of annual productions (plays and musicals).
- You will generate significant enthusiasm amongst Year 9 students, in order to recruit students to GCSE drama the following academic year.
In return we offer:
- A competitive salary
- A full and varied CPD programme offering teaching and leadership development for our staff
- An opportunity to work in a supportive team from whom you can learn, develop and grow
- Wider opportunities to be involved across the Futura Learning Partnership
- An energised and professional working environment
- Benefits include; pension scheme, discounted sports centre/gym membership, free wellbeing support & medical cover, free on-site parking and cycle to work scheme.
Futura Learning Partnership is a partnership of schools which span 5 local authority areas: Bath & North East Somerset, Bristol, North Bristol, North Somerset, Somerset and South Gloucestershire. Working together to provide a high quality educational experience for all students in their care and be a truly inclusive provider of 3-18 education in the area. We are a mixed MAT, comprising 6 secondary, 21 primary and a special school. We work in partnership with the Diocese of Bath and Wells, which brings considerable benefit to all our schools. OFSTED judged Sir Bernard Lovell Academy “Good” in all areas during our most recent full inspection (November 2021)
The closing date for applications is: 23:59 on Sunday, 26th March 2023.
Interviews are due to be take place on Thursday, 30th March, 2023
No CVs or agencies please
Please note that our HR/Recruitment system software provider will be carrying out planned maintenance work from 00:00 – 12:00 on Saturday, 25th March, 2023. During this period, the recruitment system may be out of action. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
PLEASE NOTE: Early applications are encouraged. Sir Bernard Lovell Academy reserves the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date of the advertisement, should the School be able to appoint an appropriate candidate.
Futura Learning Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Your suitability to work with children and young people will form part of the selection process. For this post, prior to appointment Futura Learning Partnership will apply for a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring check, a Children’s Barred list check, two satisfactory references, satisfactory pre-employment health screening and for Teachers, a Prohibition Check in relation to the children’s workforce. In some settings a Declaration will be required in order to meet our obligations under the ‘Disqualification under the Childcare Act 2006.
Sir Bernard Lovell Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.