Job Ref: R044
Salary: Grade 6 SCP 19 – SCP 22
Location: Withywood Bristol
Contract: 37 hours
Four Acres Academy is looking for a Learning Mentor to work across the Academy. By building positive relationships, the ideal candidate will be able to help children to manage their behaviour effectively.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Form great relationships with children and staff, enabling them to learn, grow and achieve.
- Write and manage pupil behaviour plans in conjunction with pupils, parents and staff.
- Work with small groups of children to help them access their education.
- Respond proactively and calmly to dysregulated children.
- Teach classes or groups of children on a planned or ad-hoc basis.
- Run extra-curricular activities, including accompanying children on sports fixtures, trips or visits.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Term-time hours with potential for holiday clubs
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school.
- Good opportunities for personal and career development, including formal qualifications.
- Employee benefits such as childcare vouchers and cycle to work schemes.
- Free access to employee assistance programme.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above.
- Previous experience of working with children to help them manage their behaviour
- A proven ability to work flexibly and on their own initiative.
- A high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults.
- The ability to use relevant technology/equipment.
- A can-do attitude and excellent self-regulation/emotional awareness
- A commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
Hours - Term-time only 37.5 hours per week. Core hours - 8.30 - 3.30 (Optional holiday club hours)
This is a varied role where no day will be the same, and candidates are encouraged to have a tour of the school and discussion with the Headteacher before applying.
PLEASE NOTE: Early applications are encouraged. We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date of the advertisement, should the School be able to appoint an appropriate candidate.
Futura Learning Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Your suitability to work with children and young people will form part of the selection process. For this post, prior to appointment Futura Learning Partnership will apply for a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring check, a Children’s Barred list check, two satisfactory references, satisfactory pre-employment health screening and for Teachers, a Prohibition Check in relation to the children’s workforce. In some settings a Declaration will be required in order to meet our obligations under the ‘Disqualification under the Childcare Act 2006.
The Academy meets the requirements in respect of “exempted questions” under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and is thereby a Registered Body with the Disclosure Service provided by the national Criminal Records Bureau. It conducts checks as necessary, with the applicant’s permission, under the Criminal Record Bureau’s Code of Practice.
Jobs working with children (i.e all under-18s) or vulnerable adults are exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) by virtue of an amended Exceptions Order. This means that you cannot withhold information about any spent or unspent convictions in applying for this post. You are also asked not to withhold information about cautions, reprimands, final warnings, bans and other non-conviction information such as police enquiries and pending prosecutions.
Checks may also be made with Local Authority Child Protection Registers where you have lived in the past. In applying for this post you are giving permission for such Registers to be checked and for the local authorities concerned to share relevant information with Four Acres Academy for the purpose of your application for employment. You are also giving permission for any number of past employers to be contacted regarding this application for employment.
“Front line” and certain other posts e.g. supervisory/management will require Disclosure checks at an Enhanced or Standard level; others may be at Basic level. The level of Disclosure for this post is shown in the Person Specification.
Details of our Safeguarding policy can be found on our website: www.fouracresacademy.co.uk