Secondary Teaching Assistant
Secondary Teaching Assistant
Job Ref: R02494 Please quote on all correspondence
Salary: Grade 4 SCP 7 to SCP 8
£20,443 - £20,852 FTE – (Actual salary £16,538.96 - £16,869.86)
Location: Frome Road, Bath
Contract: 35 hours per week
Term: Permanent, Term time only plus all INSET days
Are you looking for a new challenge and exciting opportunity?
Aspire Academy is a special school for children with SEMH identified as their primary need. As the school grows, with an exciting £2m development we are looking to appoint outstanding teaching assistants to work closely with classes, small groups or individual students to help them reach their full potential.
You must be passionate about working with children and young people with additional needs and enjoy being part of team that supports students in order to help them to achieve the best outcomes and live positive, fulfilling lives.
The successful candidate will:
- be experienced and/or interested in SEN practices and provision with knowledge of how to meet the needs of pupils with SEN or the capacity to gain this quickly
- have a great deal of enthusiasm and can motivate and inspire all pupils to engage in learning
- have excellent communication skills and build positive relationships with young people
- be flexible, proactive and positive
In return we offer:
- Training delivered to ‘Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship’ is available to successful applicants who are interested in further developing their career and gaining a nationally recognised qualification.
- A competitive salary
- An opportunity to work in a supportive team from whom you can learn, develop and grow
- Wider opportunities to be involved across the Futura Learning Partnership
- An energised and professional working environment
Benefits include; pension scheme, discounted sports centre/gym membership, free wellbeing support & medical cover, free on-site parking and cycle to work scheme.
Futura Learning Partnership is a partnership of schools which span the Bristol - Keynsham - Bath area that are working together to provide a high quality educational experience for all students in their care and be a truly inclusive provider of 3-18 education in the area.
The closing date for applications is: 23:59 on 27th November 2022
Interviews are likely to be held soon thereafter
Please note that our HR software provider will be carrying out maintenance work from 6:00pm Friday 11th November to Monday 14th November at 9.00am. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
No CVs or agencies please
PLEASE NOTE: Early applications are encouraged. We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date of the advertisement, should the School be able to appoint an appropriate candidate.
Futura Learning Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Your suitability to work with children and young people will form part of the selection process. For this post, prior to appointment Futura Learning Partnership will apply for a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring check, a Children’s Barred list check, two satisfactory references, satisfactory pre-employment health screening and for Teachers, a Prohibition Check in relation to the children’s workforce. In some settings a Declaration will be required in order to meet our obligations under the ‘Disqualification under the Childcare Act 2006.
Aspire Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.