Job Ref: R222 Please quote on all correspondence.
Salary: MPR1 £28,000 to MPR6 £38,810 Plus TLR2A
Contract: Full Time
We are looking for a dynamic and skilled SENCo who has experience of providing specialist SEN support to ensure our pupils are offered the best opportunities to maximise their development and outcomes. The role will play a key part in developing confident, ambitious individuals who are emotionally and intellectually equipped for a brighter future.
Aspire Academy is an all through provision which provides education to pupils aged 5-16 with social, emotional, and mental health difficulties (SEMH). We are situated in the BANES locality and benefit from nearby areas of natural beauty and extensive indoor and outdoor facilities offering ample opportunities for students to develop their skills in and outside of the classroom.
We are looking for a teacher with:
- An appropriate SENCo qualification or willingness and ability to work towards achieving this
- Experience of working with children who have additional social, emotional and/or mental health needs.
- A good knowledge and understanding of the statutory requirements of legislation concerning safeguarding, equal opportunities, Health and Safety and SEN.
- A good knowledge and understanding of the SEN Code of Practice and practical application strategies for meeting the special educational needs of students in a mixed ability, SEMH classroom.
- Knowledge of effective teaching and learning methodology and initiatives of and how they can be used effectively for individual children.
- Skills to support and train other staff to meet the needs of pupils with SEMH as well as other needs, e.g., ADHD, ASC.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, the ability to work as part of a team and line manage other staff.
- Resilience and the ability to work under pressure.
- A creative approach with the ability to look at improving ways of working
- A caring approach with the ability to challenge with both sensitivity and assertiveness as appropriate
You will be part of:
- An exciting and innovative development of our All-through learning community and provision
- A dedicated team of staff who strive for excellence
- A caring and inclusive ethos
- A school which has supportive Trustees and Parents with high expectations of the school
In return we offer:
- A competitive salary
- A full and varied CPD programme offering teaching and leadership development for our staff
- An opportunity to work in a supportive team from whom you can learn, develop and grow
- Wider opportunities to be involved across the Futura Learning Partnership
- An energised and professional working environment
- Futura Learning Partnership is a partnership of schools which span 5 local authority areas: Bath & North East Somerset, Bristol, North Bristol, North Somerset, Somerset and South Gloucestershire. Working together to provide a high quality educational experience for all students in their care and be a truly inclusive provider of 3-18 education in the area. We are a mixed MAT, comprising 6 secondary, 21 primary and a special school. We work in partnership with the Diocese of Bath and Wells, which brings considerable benefit to all our schools.
We welcome informal discussions and school visits and encourage you to contact us to speak with the Headteacher to learn more about this role. We strongly encourage a visit to the school to find out more, which can be made by contacting the office to arrange a convenient date and time.
The closing date for applications is midnight on 22nd October 2023
Interviews to be held soon after.
No CVs or agencies please.
For further information about our school, please visit the school website.
Download the JD/PS, Recruitment Pack
Click on the ‘apply’ button within the vacancy advertised on the Futura Learning Jobsite
Complete and submit your online application before the closing date.
Aspire Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.