Start: 1st Sept 2024 (or earlier)
Salary: MPR1 – UPR3 (+TLR2(b)/ £5,021 for suitable candidate)
Location: Keynsham, Bath and North East Somerset
Contract: Full Time & Part Time
We are seeking two outstanding and inspirational mathematics teachers to join a strong team of practitioners at Wellsway School and IKB Academy. The successful candidate will work under the direction of the Director of Mathematics and Computing. The ability to teach mathematics in Key Stages and 4 is essential; it would be desirable to be able to contribute to our Key Stage 5 provision, where we offer A Level Maths, Further Maths and Core Maths.
This role also offers the opportunity to work in a leadership position with added TLR2(b) for suitable candidate.
Applications from both full-time and part-time candidates will be considered.
As a teacher in our school, you will be responsible for ensuring that every student enjoys an excellent experience in your lessons and will work very closely with your curriculum team in planning and delivering interesting and engaging sequences of lessons.
If you are a dedicated teacher, able to form excellent educational relationships with students, we would love to hear from you.
This is a fantastic opportunity and the post would be suitable for experienced practitioners as well as early career teachers, who would be able to benefit from our successful and supportive Futura Learning Partnership ECT Induction Programme.
In return we offer:
- A school committed to excellence that values staff and students.
- An established mathematics and computing curriculum team to work with and good take up at A-Level.
- A school with outstanding ethos, results, attendance and behaviour on a par with other high achieving schools in the south west of England.
- A full and varied CPD programme offering teaching and leadership development for our staff.
- Wider opportunities to be involved across our multi academy trust.
- A competitive salary
- An opportunity to work in a supportive team from whom you can learn, develop and grow
- An energised and professional working environment
- Benefits include; pension scheme, discounted sports centre/gym membership, free wellbeing support & medical cover, free on-site parking and cycle to work scheme.
Futura Learning Partnership is a partnership of schools which span 5 local authority areas: Bath & North East Somerset, Bristol, North Bristol, North Somerset, Somerset and South Gloucestershire. Working together to provide a high quality educational experience for all students in their care and be a truly inclusive provider of 3-18 education in the area. We are a mixed MAT, comprising 6 secondary, 21 primary and a special school. We work in partnership with the Diocese of Bath and Wells, which brings considerable benefit to all our schools.
- Download the JD/PS, Recruitment Pack (and Candidate pack if relevant)
- Click on the ‘apply’ button within the vacancy advertised on the Futura Learning Jobsite
- Complete and submit your online application before the closing date.
Closing date for applications is 23.59 Sunday 18th February 2024. Interviews are likely to be held soon after.
PLEASE NOTE: Early applications are encouraged. Wellsway School reserves the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date of the advertisement, should the School be able to appoint an appropriate candidate.
If you are interested and would like to discuss further, please contact Jess Prior (Curriculum Director: Mathematics and Computing) who will be delighted to hear from you.
Futura Learning Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Your suitability to work with children and young people will form part of the selection process. For this post, prior to appointment Futura Learning Partnership will apply for a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring check, a Children’s Barred list check, two satisfactory references, satisfactory pre-employment health screening and for Teachers, a Prohibition Check in relation to the children’s workforce. In some settings a Declaration will be required in order to meet our obligations under the ‘Disqualification under the Childcare Act 2006'.