Start: 4th January 2022
Contract: Fixed Term Contract until 31st August 2022
30 hours per week, TTO plus 2 INSET days
Location: Whitchurch, Bristol, BS14
Hours: Term time only 8:30 – 3pm Mon to Fri (with a 30 minute lunch break)
We are looking to appoint a confident Teaching Assistant who is capable of delivering intervention and support to children across the Primary age range. The person we are looking for will have good subject knowledge and be confident in explaining KS2 SATs questions as well as being able to support children in EYFS. You would be joining a committed team of Teaching Assistants who enjoy sharing learning experiences with children and have lots of fun, whilst always putting the children first. All of the staff at Wansdyke like to work with every child as ‘an individual’ and take a pride in recognising each child’s personality and ways to best help their learning.
Our school/trust can provide:
- Well-behaved children who are ready to learn
- Highly committed and enthusiastic staff
- An orderly and pleasant working environment
- A commitment to staff well-being
- Coaching and mentoring within school to develop practice
- A very supportive trust with CPD and networking opportunities
- A very supportive local governing body
We are able to offer:
- A highly supportive trust and governing body
- A team of staff who love working at our school and support each other.
- A line manager who will help to set up and provide continuing professional development opportunities.
- The opportunity to work with fantastic children and families.
- An exciting time with lots of things to become involved in!
- Wider opportunities to be involved across the Futura Learning Partnership
- Benefits include; pension scheme, discounted sports centre/gym membership, free wellbeing support & medical cover, free on-site parking and cycle to work scheme.
The successful applicant must be fully supportive of the values and ethos of our school and trust. Wansdyke Primary School is part of Futura Learning Partnership. The Trust currently comprises of thirteen schools and is moving towards its vision of being a truly inclusive provider of 3-19 education in South Bristol and Bath. For further information about our Trust, please visit the website. Further details about our school can be found on our website.
Visits are warmly welcomed by prior arrangement and potential candidates should contact Wansdyke Primary School on 0117-903-0218 to arrange a convenient date and time.
- Download the Job Description/Person Specification and trust Recruitment Pack
- Click on the ‘apply’ button within the vacancy advertised on the Futura Learning Jobsite and complete and submit your online application before the closing date.
The closing date for applications is 23:59 on Friday 26th November
Interviews to be held week beginning Monday 29th November
Futura Learning Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Your suitability to work with children and young people will form part of the selection process. For this post, prior to appointment Futura Learning Partnership will apply for a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring check, a Children’s Barred list check, two satisfactory references, satisfactory pre-employment health screening and for Teachers, a Prohibition Check in relation to the children’s workforce. In some settings a Declaration will be required in order to meet our obligations under the ‘Disqualification under the Childcare Act 2006.
Wansdyke Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.