Primary Teaching Assistant
Start: 1st September 2022
Salary: Grade 3 Point 5 to 6 £19,650 to £20,043 FTE
Actual pro rata £13,444 to £13,713
Contract: Fixed Term Contract until 31st August 2023, Term Time Only plus 2 INSET days
Location: Whitchurch, Bristol, BS14
Hours: 30 hours a week (8:30am to 3:30pm Mon to Fri with a 1 hour lunch break)
We are seeking to appoint a caring, patient and understanding Teaching Assistant who can support individuals with special education needs both 1:1 and in small groups to ensure every child reaches their full potential. This post is fixed term until 31st August 2023 in the first instance.
You would be joining a committed team of Teaching Assistants who enjoy sharing learning experiences with children and have lots of fun, whilst always putting the children first. All of the staff at Wansdyke like to work with every child as ‘an individual’ and take a pride in recognising each child’s personality and ways to best help their learning.
We are looking for someone to join our team who will:
- Have NVQ Level 2 and English and Maths GCSE or equivalent
- Have the skills to build a positive, nurturing relationship that models inclusion, patience and high expectations
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be calm, flexible and resilient
- Demonstrate enthusiasm
- Be highly motivated and well organised
- Show initiative and work as part of a team
- Attend relevant training
- Have an understanding and experience of managing children with SEND (desirable but not essential for the right candidate)
Our school/trust can provide:
- An opportunity to join a committed team with happy, enthusiastic and motivated children ·
- Highly committed and enthusiastic staff
- A supportive and pleasant working environment
- A commitment to staff well-being
- Coaching and mentoring within school to develop practice
- A very supportive trust with CPD and networking opportunities
- A very supportive local governing body.
The successful applicant must be fully supportive of the values and ethos of our school and trust. Wansdyke Primary School is part of Futura Learning Partnership. The Trust currently comprises of fourteen schools and is moving towards its vision of being a truly inclusive provider of 3-19 education in South Bristol and Bath. For further information about our Trust, please visit the website. Further details about our school can be found on our website.
Visits are warmly welcomed by prior arrangement and potential candidates should contact Wansdyke Primary School on 0117-903-0218 to arrange a convenient date and time.
The closing date for applications is midnight on Friday 1st July 2022
Interviews to be held week beginning Monday 4th July 2022
Early applications are encouraged as we reserve the right to close the vacancy early.
Wansdyke Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.