Teaching Assistant Secondary
Salary: Grade 4 SCP 7 to 8
£20,443 to £20,852 FTE.
Actual salary £16,538.96 to £16,869.86
Location: Frome Road, Bath
Contract: 35 hours per week
Term: Permanent, Term time only plus all INSET days
Are you looking for a new challenge and exciting opportunity?
Aspire Academy is a special school for children with SEMH identified as their primary need. As the school grows, with an exciting £2m development we are looking to appoint outstanding teaching assistants to work closely with classes, small groups or individual students to help them reach their full potential.
You must be passionate about working with children and young people with additional needs and enjoy being part of team that supports students in order to help them to achieve the best outcomes and live positive, fulfilling lives.
The successful candidate will:
- Be experienced and/or interested in SEN practices and provision with knowledge of how to meet the needs of pupils with SEN or the capacity to gain this quickly
- Have a great deal of enthusiasm and can motivate and inspire all pupils to engage in learning
- Have excellent communication skills and build positive relationships with young people
- Be flexible, proactive and positive
In return we offer:
- A competitive salary
- An opportunity to work in a supportive team from whom you can learn, develop and grow
- Wider opportunities to be involved across the Futura Learning Partnership
- An energised and professional working environment
- Benefits include; pension scheme, discounted sports centre/gym membership, free wellbeing support & medical cover, free on-site parking and cycle to work scheme.
Futura Learning Partnership is a partnership of schools which span the Bristol - Keynsham - Bath area that are working together to provide a high quality educational experience for all students in their care and be a truly inclusive provider of 3-18 education in the area.
The closing date for applications is: 23:59 on 28th August 2022.
Interviews are likely to be held soon thereafter.
No CVs or agencies please.
- Download the JD/PS, Recruitment Pack
- Click on the ‘apply’ button within the vacancy advertised on the Futura Learning Jobsite
- Complete and submit your online application before the closing date.
PLEASE NOTE: Early applications are encouraged. We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date of the advertisement, should the school be able to appoint an appropriate candidate.
Aspire Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.