Pimlico Academy is one of London’s most improving and innovative schools. It provides an immensely exciting educational environment and we are looking for people of outstanding imagination, intellect and passion to join us as we aim to develop excellence in our own pupils and forge new directions in education. We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Attendance Officer to lead on all aspects of attendance across the school and to contribute towards ensuring outstanding attendance.
Successful candidates will:
- Demonstrate excellent written and spoken English with excellent communication skills and the ability to build rapport with children, parents and external professionals
- Work independently, within a statutory framework and a graduated system with a restorative approach.
- Fulfil Pimlico Academy statutory obligations, which set out to protect children's rights to an education. This will involve home visits, parental meetings and supporting the school to raise participation of children and young people at risk of becoming persistently absent.
- An unwavering belief in the power of education to change lives, as per our trust’s motto, libertas per cultum (freedom through education). We expect all staff to share in, and feel empowered by this concept.
WHY CHOOSE US?
- Fast career progression. Because knowledge and intelligence, rather than length of service, are lauded and rewarded at Future Academies.
- The chance to make a difference to children’s and young people’s lives. Pimlico Academy serve children and young people from the most socially deprived communities.
- Excellent staff team. You will be working with a supportive leadership team, cohesive staff body, and very purposeful environment with excellent resources. Being part of a Trust of schools enables you to share knowledge across a wider range of educational professionals.
- Excellent CPD. The Trust is knowledge-centric and encourages CPD at all levels with excellent opportunities for swift career progression, within the Academy and Trust. This includes Leadership Development opportunities.
If you are interested in applying to the post of Attendance Office at Pimlico Academy, please complete an application form by clicking on "Apply now".
Alternatively, if this role is not quite what you are looking for, feel free to browse through our Trust wide vacancies and register your details to our Talent Pool which can both be found on our website under “Current Vacancies”. We look forward to receiving your application.
Future Academies reserves the right to interview and appoint prior to the advert closing date.
Pimlico Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. To this end both an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and a Barred List check are required for this role. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.