Future Academies Watford is seeking an exceptional Classics (Latin) Teacher to join their Languages department and provide outstanding teaching across KS3 & 4. The position has arisen due to an increase in the number of students being taught Latin in our Academy.
Your main duties will include:
- To deliver consistently excellent sequences of lessons to students to enable them to develop a deep understanding of the subject
- To support the development of a knowledge-led disciplinary curriculum, alongside our Curriculum Centre
- To take responsibility for proactive personal professional development to build own capabilities continuously
- To constantly reflect on your practice and commit to the multiple layers of training and development available at Future Academies.
- To make a valued contribution to the school’s pastoral and enrichment programmes; including trips and school visits.
To epitomise the vision and values of Future Academies Watford and at all times adhere to the staff code of expectations.
WHO YOU ARE
You will be passionate and determined, with exceptional teaching skills and the ability to inspire.
As the successful applicant, you will have:
- A strong academic record with a degree from a leading university in your subject area
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- The ambition and determination we expect from all of our staff to continue striving for excellence
- The enthusiasm and energy required to work with the children and young people in our schools
- An unwavering belief in the power of education to change lives, as per our trust’s motto, libertas per cultum (freedom through education). We expect all teachers to share in, and feel empowered by, this concept
WHO WE ARE
Future Academies Watford is set in leafy Hertfordshire, is well connected with many transport links and is a short train journey away from the centre of London. Working at our Academy will give you the opportunity to work alongside outstanding teachers, to observe and share practice on a regular basis, developing pedagogy through reflection. We pride ourselves on our strong ethos and sense of community. Our school community offers the opportunity to become a meaningful part of the wider community through enrichment and extra-curricular activities.
We are Future Academies: a flourishing multi-academy trust, founded with the aim of improving the life chances and raising the aspirations of young people. We offer a rich and stimulating education comprised of a knowledge-rich curriculum, diverse cultural and extracurricular opportunities, and a strong pastoral support system. All children and young people are welcomed in our inclusive community, and all are challenged to be the best they can be.
This ethos is embodied in our Trust values - Knowledge, Aspiration, and Respect - and in our motto, libertas per cultum (“freedom through education”).
Future Academies currently comprises ten schools across London and Hertfordshire. Further information is available on our website Future Academies - Academies.
• The chance to make a difference to children’s and young people’s lives. Future Academies is of the belief that all children have the right to enriching education through a knowledge-rich and child-centric approach: our teachers can therefore make a dramatic impact on the lives of these children.
• Fast career progression. Because knowledge and intelligence, rather than length of service, are lauded and rewarded at Future Academies, teachers and support staff can quickly take up great responsibility, adding to their already exceptional experience and knowledge, joining the SLT or writing for the Trust’s Curriculum Centre, where our in-house textbooks are produced.
• Excellent CPD. The Trust is knowledge-centric and encourages CPD at all levels with excellent opportunities for swift career progression, within the Academy and Trust. This includes Leadership Development opportunities.
• Knowledge-rich staff team. You will be working with a supportive leadership team, cohesive staff body, and very purposeful environment with excellent resources. Being part of a Trust of schools enables you to share knowledge across a wider range of educational professionals.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying to the post of Classics (Latin) Teacher at Future Academies Watford, please click on “Fast Apply” to complete an online application form.
Alternatively, if this role is not quite what you are looking for, feel free to browse through our Trust wide vacancies and register your details to our Talent Pool which can both be found on our website under “Current Vacancies”.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Future Academies reserves the right to interview and appoint prior to the advert closing date.
Future Academies Watford is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. To this end both an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and a Barred List check are required for this role. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.