Job Role: Data Manager
Job Type: Permanent, Term Time plus 4 Weeks (42 weeks per year)
Hours: 37 per week
Actual Basic Annual Salary Range: £30,247 - £32,587 (depending on experience), plus Fringe Allowance £843 p.a.
We are part of Future Academies Multi-Academy Trust (MAT), and share their high standards of excellence.
We offer a rich and stimulating education comprised of a knowledge-rich curriculum, diverse cultural and extracurricular opportunities, and a strong pastoral support system. All children are welcomed in our inclusive community, and all are challenged to be the best they can be.
With the support of our sponsors, Future, we are able to engage with the best teachers, the best universities and a wide range of the most prominent employers in the country to ensure that all our children are equipped with the knowledge and desire to be the best in whatever path they wish to follow. This ethos is embodied in our Trust values (Knowledge, Aspiration, and Respect) and in our school motto, libertas per cultum (freedom through education).
Future Academies is seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the role of Data Manager at The Grange Academy.
The Grange Academy has incredible facilities and combined with our expert approach to teaching and learning reflect a unique fusion of the traditional and the modern. We believe that all children should have access to the best things that have been thought and said.
We have the highest aspirations for our students regardless of their starting points or backgrounds, and we foster a climate of resilience and perseverance in which academic success is always celebrated.
We provide a school where aspiration, dynamism and the highest standards of learning are intertwined with manners, respect and, above all, kindness.
The Role (for full details please see attached Job Description)
Working as part of a wider Data Management team across the Trust, this role is responsible for the following:
- To continually develop the MIS and associated systems.
- To produce clear, concise and accurate information to support Senior Leaders in raising standards of performance
- To set up, maintain and review highly complex data, problem solve, develop solutions and/or strategies with senior leaders to enable effective use of data for academy improvement
- To oversee all activities in regard to school data, ensuring that all MIS systems are utilised effectively including for recording student details, attendance, assessment, timetabling and results analysis.
- To ensure compliance to all internal and external regulatory requirements, including termly student census returns.
The requirements for the role (for full details please see attached Job Description)
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent experience (desirable)
- Advanced user of SIMS or a similar MIS system especially assessment tracking
- High level of ICT skills, including advanced MS Office. This includes proficiency in spreadsheets, word processing and database understanding as well as the ability to adapt to new ways of working in this area
- Experience of manipulating data in a relational database
- Creativity with the ability to analyse problems and formulate different approaches leading to resolution
- The ability to remain discrete when privy to confidential information
As an educational Trust, Future Academies is committed to the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare of all children and young people. Therefore, the Trust expects all members of staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. To this end, both an ‘Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service’ check and a ‘Barred List’ check will be required for this role.
The Grange Academy is part of Future Academies which is an educational charity and multi-academy trust. It is committed to the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare of all children and young people. Therefore, the Trust expects all members of staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. To this end, both an ‘Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service’ check and a ‘Barred List’ check will be required for this role. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.