Future Academies has an exciting and niche opportunity available for a Digital Support Executive to create and curate content and deliver digital campaigns across our social media channels and beyond.
Through our communications, we connect with our staff, our parents, our community as a whole, and key stakeholders and decision makers to amplify Future Academies’ brand and key messages.
This is a busy, hands-on role within Future Academies’ Development team, providing day-to-day content for our social media channels and working on longer-term content-creation projects for strategically focussed activity.
WHO YOU ARE
We are looking for a self-starter with strong editorial judgement, bags of creative ideas and the ability to curate and evolve our content.
Strong education awareness, an understanding of the importance of social media as a public relations tool, and previous experience of creating digital content and day-to-day collaboration of social media accounts are highly desirable.
As the successful applicant, you will have/be:
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to spot good stories and create impactful content for a range of audiences
• Educated to degree level and have a high level of attention to detail
• Strong media relations background and expertise in managing digital channels
• Experience of successfully editing research, or other written content to tight timescales
• An understanding and awareness of how to promote the principles of diversity, inclusion and equality in research or other written content
• Highly motivated and driven by FA’s strong social purpose
WHO WE ARE
Future Academies is a rapidly expanding group of Academy schools consisting of ten schools, seven secondaries and three primaries, based in London and Hertfordshire. All schools have been rated Good or Outstanding at their first inspection since joining the group.
Our network of ten schools in the UK achieves great results in some of the most disadvantaged areas of the country, tackling some of the most challenging issues in education.
Our vision is for Future Academies to become an educational beacon, lighting the way towards educational excellence and social mobility. This vision is best encapsulated by our trust motto, Libertas per cultum (‘freedom through education’). We believe that a good education is the cornerstone for social mobility, providing children with the tools they need to lead purposeful and fulfilling lives.
When functioning properly, an education can be empowering, furnishing students with the choice and freedom required to succeed on whichever path they choose to pursue.
Crucially, a good education can level the playing field, providing less advantaged students with the same opportunities as those enjoyed by their peers. Education is the great leveller, ensuring that neither birth nor background will constrain a child’s chances in life.
To become a national leader of educational excellence is an ambitious vision. However, when we all work together as a team, it is one that we believe is eminently achievable.
• The chance to make a difference to children’s and young people’s lives. Future Academies is of the belief that all children have the right to enriching education through a knowledge-rich and child-centric approach: our teachers can therefore make a dramatic impact on the lives of these children.
• Fast career progression. Because knowledge and intelligence, rather than length of service, are lauded and rewarded at Future Academies, teachers and support staff can quickly take up great responsibility, adding to their already exceptional experience and knowledge, joining the SLT or writing for the Trust’s Curriculum Centre, where our in-house textbooks are produced.
• Excellent CPD. The Trust is knowledge-centric and encourages CPD at all levels with excellent opportunities for swift career progression, within the Academy and Trust. This includes Leadership Development opportunities.
• Knowledge-rich staff team. You will be working with a supportive leadership team, cohesive staff body, and very purposeful environment with excellent resources. Being part of a Trust of schools enables you to share knowledge across a wider range of educational professionals.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying to the post of Digital Support Executive at Future Academies, please click on “Fast Apply” to complete an online application form. Deadline for applications is 10am on Monday 1st March 2021.
Alternatively, if this role is not quite what you are looking for, feel free to browse through our Trust wide vacancies and register your details to our Talent Pool which can both be found on our website under “Current Vacancies”.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Future Academies reserves the right to interview and appoint prior to the advert closing date.
Future Academies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.