This role may be offered on a full year (52 weeks) or term-time plus 3 weeks basis.
The Grange Academy are seeking a highly motivated and organised individual to co-ordinate and deliver excellent enrichment programmes to all of the academy’s pupils. Specifically, they will be responsible for the “Connect pupils to the world of work, future education, training and employment” strand although programmes will overlap with the other strands.
To be successful in this role, the post holder will have to develop strong relationships with a wide range of businesses and organisations and work closely with academy staff to integrate seamlessly a high quality offer into school life.
Your main duties will include:
• Building and maintaining effective relationships with:
o external partners including businesses, charities and other local organisations.
o internal partners including staff within the Academy and the Trust
• Leading and coordinating the delivery of work experience placements, careers networking events and other encounters between employers/organisations and our pupils
• Presenting resources to students to prepare them for enrichment opportunities and life beyond school
• Coordinating the tracking of enrichment activities across the academy
WHO YOU ARE
You will be passionate and determined, with aspirations of developing your career within the education sector.
As the successful applicant, you will have:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent presentation skills
• The ambition and determination we expect from all of our staff to continue striving for excellence
• The enthusiasm and energy required to work with the children and young people in our schools
• An unwavering belief in the power of education to change lives, as per our trust’s motto, libertas per cultum (freedom through education). We expect all teachers to share in, and feel empowered by, this concept
WHO WE ARE
The Grange Academy is a state-funded secondary situated in Bushey Hertfordshire with excellent links into London. We are part of Future Academies, a Multi-Academy Trust which includes three primary schools and six secondary schools in and around London and Hertfordshire. We are motivated by a mission of social change and reducing educational inequality. Our school and Trust are unique in our approach to a knowledge-rich curriculum; our school motto is Libertas per cultum (Freedom through education), and in our strong emphasis on raising young people’s aspirations and outcomes through the teaching of classical and traditional subjects. Our children and young people study a bespoke curriculum developed by researchers at our Curriculum Centre, which places a focus on developing their cultural literacy and their awareness of the forces, words and events that have shaped our society today.
• The chance to make a difference to children’s and young people’s lives. Future Academies is of the belief that all children have the right to enriching education through a knowledge-rich and child-centric approach: our teachers can therefore make a dramatic impact on the lives of these children.
• Fast career progression. Because knowledge and intelligence, rather than length of service, are lauded and rewarded at Future Academies, teachers and support staff can quickly take up great responsibility, adding to their already exceptional experience and knowledge, joining the SLT or writing for the Trust’s Curriculum Centre, where our in-house textbooks are produced.
• Excellent CPD. The Trust is knowledge-centric and encourages CPD at all levels with excellent opportunities for swift career progression, within the Academy and Trust. This includes Leadership Development opportunities.
• Knowledge-rich staff team. You will be working with a supportive leadership team, cohesive staff body, and very purposeful environment with excellent resources. Being part of a Trust of schools enables you to share knowledge across a wider range of educational professionals.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying to the post of Careers and Enrichment Coordinator at The Grange Academy, please download the applicant information pack and complete an application form by clicking on "Apply now". Deadline for applications is 9am on Friday 18th June 2021.
Alternatively, if this role is not quite what you are looking for, feel free to browse through our Trust wide vacancies and register your details to our Talent Pool which can both be found on our website under “Current Vacancies”.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Future Academies reserves the right to interview and appoint prior to the advert closing date.
The Grange Academy is part of Future Academies which is an educational charity and multi-academy trust. It is committed to the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare of all children and young people. Therefore, the trust expects all members of staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. To this end, both an ‘Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service’ check and a ‘Barred List’ check will be required for this role.