Pimlico Academy is seeking a Executive Assistant to the Principal and Head of Academy Administration to support both the principal and the administration function of the academy on a day to day basis.
This is an excellent opportunity for an organised, highly articulate and professional Executive Assistant to further their experience of working within a busy and demanding academy environment.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
You will be a motivated and enthusiastic Executive Assistant, able to remain calm under busy periods and adept at communicating with parents, staff and external agencies.
The successful applicant will need to:
• Organise and schedule meetings, prepare meeting agendas and take minutes during meetings
• Ensure documentation for agreed regular meetings is collated and distributed as appropriate
• Co-ordinate academy functions and events, including arrangements for refreshments, invitations etc.
• Handle communications for the Principal, including correspondence and telephone calls, so that all relevant messages are communicated promptly and efficiently
• Manage the diaries and schedules of the leadership team
• Produce presentation materials, using appropriate computer packages
• Lead on discrete projects as determined by the Principal
• Maintain a discreet and professional relationship with parents and visitors
• Maintain strong working relationships with other departments, both within the academy and across the Trust
WHO WE ARE
Pimlico Academy is an outstanding state-funded secondary school based in the heart of Westminster and Future Academies’ flagship secondary. Future Academies is a Multi-Academy Trust which includes three primary schools and seven secondary schools in and around London and Hertfordshire. We are motivated by a mission of social change and reducing educational inequality. We are unique in our approach to a knowledge-rich curriculum; our school motto is Libertas per cultum (Freedom through education), and in our strong emphasis on raising young people’s aspirations and outcomes through the teaching of classical and traditional subjects. Our children and young people study a bespoke curriculum developed by researchers at our Curriculum Centre, which places a focus on developing their cultural literacy and their awareness of the forces, words and events that have shaped our society today.
• The chance to make a difference to children’s and young people’s lives. Future Academies is of the belief that all children have the right to enriching education through a knowledge-rich and child-centric approach: our teachers can therefore make a dramatic impact on the lives of these children.
• Fast career progression. Because knowledge and intelligence, rather than length of service, are lauded and rewarded at Future Academies, teachers and support staff can quickly take up great responsibility, adding to their already exceptional experience and knowledge, joining the SLT or writing for the Trust’s Curriculum Centre, where our in-house textbooks are produced.
• Excellent CPD. The Trust is knowledge-centric and encourages CPD at all levels with excellent opportunities for swift career progression, within the Academy and Trust. This includes Leadership Development opportunities.
• Knowledge-rich staff team. You will be working with a supportive leadership team, cohesive staff body, and very purposeful environment with excellent resources. Being part of a Trust of schools enables you to share knowledge across a wider range of educational professionals.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying to the post of Executive Assistant to the Principal and Head of Academy Administration at Pimlico Academy, please download the attached applicant information pack and complete the online application form. Deadline for applications is 9am on Monday 19th April 2021.
Alternatively, if this role is not quite what you are looking for, feel free to browse through our Trust wide vacancies and register your details to our Talent Pool which can both be found on our website under “Current Vacancies”.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Future Academies reserves the right to interview and appoint prior to the advert closing date.
Future Academies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.