We seek to appoint an enthusiastic and committed person to join our Finance Team. This is full-time fixed-term role until 31 August 2022 in the first instance.
To be the first point of contact for the Finance Team and support for the Finance Officers.
- To maintain the finance in-box and allocate emails to the relevant Academies.
- To check supplier statements and request copy invoices as appropriate.
- To respond to supplier queries.
- To process cross-trust invoices.
- To process Academy invoices as required.
- To support with Purchasing and Purchase Orders.
- Ad-hoc tasks to assist the wider Finance Team.
- Act as holiday and sickness cover for Finance Officers.
- Maintain supplier accounts.
- Set up new suppliers.
Key skills and experience:
• Good experience of all aspects of running a purchase ledger, from setting up new suppliers to raising purchase orders to processing purchase invoices.
• Team player with good communication and organisation skills.
• The ability to work well under pressure to tight deadlines.
• Strong numeracy, analytical skills and attention to detail is critical, as is a flexible and conscientious approach.
• Good Excel skills and experience of using accounting systems.
• Experience of working in a MAT and using the PSF financial system are desirable but not essential.
• Takes the initiative to learn, deliver and improve.
• Ability to learn the role quickly and want to make improvements.
• Keeps resilient, handles competing stakeholders and prioritises effectively.
WHO WE ARE
Future Academies is a Multi-Academy Trust which includes three primary schools and seven secondary schools in and around London and Hertfordshire. We are motivated by a mission of social change and reducing educational inequality. We are unique in our approach to a knowledge-rich curriculum; our school motto is Libertas per cultum (Freedom through education), and in our strong emphasis on raising young people’s aspirations and outcomes through the teaching of classical and traditional subjects. Our children and young people study a bespoke curriculum developed by researchers at our Curriculum Centre, which places a focus on developing their cultural literacy and their awareness of the forces, words and events that have shaped our society today.
• The chance to make a difference to children’s and young people’s lives. Future Academies is of the belief that all children have the right to enriching education through a knowledge-rich and child-centric approach: our teachers can therefore make a dramatic impact on the lives of these children.
• Fast career progression. Because knowledge and intelligence, rather than length of service, are lauded and rewarded at Future Academies, teachers and support staff can quickly take up great responsibility, adding to their already exceptional experience and knowledge.
• Excellent CPD. The Trust is knowledge-centric and encourages CPD at all levels with excellent opportunities for swift career progression, within the Academy and Trust. This includes Leadership Development opportunities.
• Knowledge-rich staff team. You will be working with supportive leadership teams, cohesive staff body, and very purposeful environment with excellent resources. Being part of a Trust of schools enables you to share knowledge across a wider range of educational professionals.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying to the post of Finance Assistant at Future Academies, please click on "Fast Apply" to complete an online application form no later than Friday 20 May 2022.
Alternatively, if this role is not quite what you are looking for, feel free to browse through our Trust wide vacancies and register your details to our Talent Pool which can both be found on our website under “Current Vacancies”.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Based on the quality and quantity of applications received, Future Academies reserves the right to close this vacancy sooner than the specified closing date, therefore, early applications are encouraged.
Future Academies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. To this end both an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and a Barred List check are required for this role. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.