Future Academies is seeking experienced Finance Business Partner to support their academies based in Hertfordshire. The successful candidate will be based in Watford/Hemel Hempstead area and support allocated schools, their principals and Trust components, as well as individual budget holders, in budgeting, budget management, financial planning, payroll, reporting and forecasting. Finance Business Partners are also responsible for monitoring and managing compliance with financial procedures throughout the Trust that apply at school/component level, and working with internal stakeholders to deliver purchasing and contract management. The role includes advising principals and budget holders, and providing narrative and data for internal reporting purposes. The role provides the critical link between schools and the central MAT leadership, offering support to principals and budget holders, but ultimately holding them to account for budgetary compliance.
WHO WE ARE
Future Academies is a Multi-Academy Trust which includes three primary schools and seven secondary schools in and around London and Hertfordshire. We are motivated by a mission of social change and reducing educational inequality. We are unique in our approach to a knowledge-rich curriculum; our school motto is Libertas per cultum (Freedom through education), and in our strong emphasis on raising young people’s aspirations and outcomes through the teaching of classical and traditional subjects. Our children and young people study a bespoke curriculum developed by researchers at our Curriculum Centre, which places a focus on developing their cultural literacy and their awareness of the forces, words and events that have shaped our society today.
WHY CHOOSE US
• The chance to make a difference to children’s and young people’s lives. Future Academies is of the belief that all children have the right to enriching education through a knowledge-rich and child-centric approach: our teachers can therefore make a dramatic impact on the lives of these children.
• Fast career progression. Because knowledge and intelligence, rather than length of service, are lauded and rewarded at Future Academies, teachers and support staff can quickly take up great responsibility, adding to their already exceptional experience and knowledge.
• Excellent CPD. The Trust is knowledge-centric and encourages CPD at all levels with excellent opportunities for swift career progression, within the Academy and Trust. This includes Leadership Development opportunities.
• Knowledge-rich staff team. You will be working with supportive leadership teams, cohesive staff body, and very purposeful environment with excellent resources. Being part of a Trust of schools enables you to share knowledge across a wider range of educational professionals.
• Competitive salary and generous holiday entitlements alongside perks such as a season ticket loan and pension scheme.
• Access to the government-backed Cycle to Work Scheme.
• Perkbox. Access to our employee benefits platform where you can access over 200 different Perks.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying to the post of Finance Business Partner at Future Academies, please click on "Fast Apply" to complete an online application form no later than 10pm on Sunday 23 May 2022.
Alternatively, if this role is not quite what you are looking for, feel free to browse through our Trust wide vacancies and register your details to our Talent Pool which can both be found on our website under “Current Vacancies”.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Based on the quality and quantity of applications received, Future Academies reserves the right to close this vacancy sooner than the specified closing date, therefore, early applications are encouraged.
Future Academies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. To this end both an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and a Barred List check are required for this role. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.