WHO WE ARE
Future Academies is an aspirational multi-academy trust based across London and Hertfordshire and comprising of three primary schools, six secondary schools, an Ofsted ‘Outstanding’-rated initial teacher training programme and our very own Curriculum Centre. Future Academies’ motto is libertas per cultum (‘freedom through education’): at the heart of everything they do is their belief that all young people can achieve, regardless of background or circumstance. Through the provision of a rigorous, knowledge-rich curriculum, first-class education enrichment programme, and nurturing and supportive environment, Future Academies aims to improve the life chances and aspirations of all children under their care.
Most importantly, we are a positive, friendly and vibrant community in which all members of the community feel valued and supported. Guided by our core principles of knowledge, aspiration and respect, we place the wellbeing of our students and staff at the centre of everything we do.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The ideal candidate will be the lead on the Financial Planning function across the Trust. You will work with Finance Business Partners in order to create financial forecasts, identify risks in the financial planning and completing financial analysis. This is an exciting time for Future Academies; we are a growing Trust and as such are taking on a more strategic approach to our finances and forecasting.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Financial planning, preparing and monitoring the short and long term Trust plans
- Benchmarking budgets and outturn data, identifying anomalies, inconsistencies between schools or to the school sector
- Managing the finance risk register, and flag areas of development to business partners or the chief financial officer, and be more proactive in highlighting potential areas of concern;
- Undertaking Trust-wide finance development and implementation projects, including conducting due diligence for potential new academies;
- Internal reporting on forecasts, analysis and delivering these reports to senior management
- Managing the finance business partners, and their interaction with schools and budget holders
The successful candidate will be/have:
- CCAB accountancy qualification (ICAEW, ACCA, CIPFA, ICAS, Chartered Accountants Ireland), or a demonstrably equivalent qualification
- Experience of financial planning and strategy development
- Experience of managing teams
- Project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience of systems development
- Experience producing management accounts and financial returns
WHY CHOOSE US?
• The chance to make a difference to children’s and young people’s lives. Future Academies is of the belief that all children have the right to enriching education through a knowledge-rich and child-centric approach: our staff can therefore make a dramatic impact on the lives of these children.
• Excellent CPD. The Trust is knowledge-centric and encourages CPD at all levels with excellent opportunities for swift career progression, within the Academy and Trust. This includes Leadership Development opportunities.
• Knowledge-rich staff team. You will be working with a supportive leadership team, cohesive staff body, and very purposeful environment with excellent resources. Being part of a Trust of schools enables you to share knowledge across a wider range of educational professionals.
• Perkbox. Access to our employee benefits platform where you can access over 200 different Perks.
• Access to the government-backed Cycle to Work Scheme.
• Competitive salary and generous holiday entitlements alongside perks such as a season ticket loan and pension scheme.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in the Finance Strategy Manager position at Future Academies please download the attached Applicant Information Pack and complete an application form by Wednesday 28th October 2020 at 8am.
For further information on working at Future Academies, please visit our website.
Future Academies reserves the right to interview and appoint suitable candidates prior to the interview deadline.
Future Academies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.