WHO WE ARE
Pimlico Academy (Ofsted rated “Outstanding) is a state-funded secondary school based in the heart of Westminster in central London. We are part of Future Academies, a Multi-Academy Trust which includes three primary schools and six secondary schools in and around London. We are motivated by a mission of social change and reducing educational inequality. Our school and Trust are unique in our approach to a knowledge-rich curriculum; our school moto is Libertas per cultum (Freedom through education), and in our strong emphasis on raising young people’s aspirations and outcomes through the teaching of classical and traditional subjects. Our children and young people study a bespoke curriculum developed by researchers at our Curriculum Centre, which places a focus on developing their cultural literacy and their awareness of the forces, words and events that have shaped our society today.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for an experienced, inspirational guitar teacher to join one of our highly committed, experienced and supportive primary school.
The position requires you to be self-employed and the hourly rate is £32 per hour. The position also requires you to have an enhanced DBS certificate on the update service.
The successful applicant for this post will be expected to:
• Teach the guitar to beginner and intermediate groups of up to 6 students
• Teach more able students in pairs or one-to-one
• Lead a guitar ensemble
• Prepare students for performances and examinations
• Contact parents to discuss attendance and progress of students.
• Write a report on student progress in the summer term to be sent to parents
• Act in a professional manner.
The right person for the job will be:
• A passionate and outstanding performer as well as committed to music education
• A good communicator, with outstanding planning and organisational skills and the ability to work within a team
• Committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
• Have an enhanced DBS certificate on the update service.
WHY CHOOSE US?
• Fast career progression. Because knowledge and intelligence, rather than length of service, are lauded and rewarded at Future Academies.
• The chance to make a difference to children’s and young people’s lives. Future Academies serve children and young people from the most socially deprived communities.
• Excellent staff team. You will be working with a supportive leadership team, cohesive staff body, and very purposeful environment with excellent resources. Being part of a Trust of schools enables you to share knowledge across a wider range of educational professionals.
• Excellent CPD. The Trust is knowledge-centric and encourages CPD at all levels with excellent opportunities for swift career progression, within the Academy and Trust. This includes Leadership Development opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying for the Guitar Teacher position at Future Academies please complete the online application form by Monday 6/12/2021.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Please note that Future Academies reserves the right to appoint at any stage during the recruitment process.
Future Academies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check is required for this post.