Job Title: Head of Education Enrichment
Location: Future Academies, Lupus Street, London SW1V 3AT
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Responsible to: Chair and Chief Executive Officer
Future Academies, an aspirational multi-academy trust based across London and Hertfordshire, is currently recruiting for an exceptional and enthusiastic individual to lead the planning and provision of education enrichment activities (including extracurricular provision and careers education) across its growing family of schools.
Reporting directly to the trust’s Sponsor and Chair, Lord Nash, and the Chief Executive, Paul Smith, the successful candidate will have the unique opportunity to set strategy, develop programmes and provide life changing opportunities to our students, many of whom come from disadvantaged backgrounds.
Future Academies Trust
Sponsored by Lord and Lady Nash’s educational charity, Future, established in 2008, there are currently ten schools in the trust. The majority of our schools are located in areas of social and economic disadvantage, and we work with these schools, providing them with the resources, opportunities and support that they need to develop into centres of excellence and opportunity.
As part of a high-quality, educational enrichment programme, we nurture the values of respect, confidence, resilience, compassion and cooperation, within a warm, supportive environment. We aim to encourage all our students to be the best that they can be, instilling within them confidence, ambition and a lifelong love for learning, built upon strong foundations of knowledge.
One of the benefits of belonging to a multi-academy trust is the chance to network and form positive professional relationships across all schools, participating in trust-wide CPD events and learning from colleagues across all schools.
Education enrichment at Future Academies
Enrichment is one of the key pillars of Future Academies and the Future Academies’ enrichment team work to develop a bespoke and high-quality enrichment programme, designed to give our students access to the best opportunities that our country has to offer.
We break down enrichment into the following four areas:
1. Connecting pupils to the world of work, future education, training and employment
2. Enriching the curriculum
3. Providing exposure to culture, the arts and sport
4. Building character, integrity, resilience and judgement
Key Roles and Responsibilities
The Head of Education Enrichment will:
• Work closely with the Chair, CEO, school leaders, senior staff and education enrichment coordinators to plan, implement and deliver an exceptional education enrichment programme in each academy.
Person specification, skills and experience
The ideal candidate will be:
• Fully aligned with the Future Academies’ social justice and educational vision.
• Highly organised and dependable.
They will possess:
• Excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with a range of external organisations and internal colleagues.
• Tenacious project management skills, with the proven ability to work collaboratively and delegate appropriately.
• Excellent writing, numerical and analytical skills and an ability to deploy these skills in a variety of contexts and to a variety of audiences.
• A high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
Future Academies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. To this end both an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and a Barred List check are required for this role. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.