The purpose of this role is to take a lead role in marketing and recruitment of new trainee teachers and coordinate all the administration of our highly successful SCITT. Taking responsibility for key operational tasks they will contribute to the wider work of the SCITT team enabling there to be a greater focus on outcomes for trainees.
• Coordinate the SCITT team through developing effective processes for compliance, finance and quality assuring our programme
• Support in the evolution and development of our SCITT programme to ensure we continue to develop the most effective teachers
• Keep up-to-date with sector changes and disemminate key responsibilities to the team
• Develop the marketing strategy for Future Teacher Training including the website
• Work with our Central HR team to coordinate the recruitment process from filtering of applications to scheduling interviews
• Work with our Central Finance team to manage trainee payments and monitor the SCITT budget
WHO WE ARE
Future Academies is a Multi-Academy Trust which includes three primary schools and seven secondary schools in and around London and Hertfordshire. We are motivated by a mission of social change and reducing educational inequality. We are unique in our approach to a knowledge-rich curriculum; our school motto is Libertas per cultum (Freedom through education), and in our strong emphasis on raising young people’s aspirations and outcomes through the teaching of classical and traditional subjects. Our children and young people study a bespoke curriculum developed by researchers at our Curriculum Centre, which places a focus on developing their cultural literacy and their awareness of the forces, words and events that have shaped our society today.
Future Teacher Training (formerly The Pimlico-London SCITT) was founded in 2013, with the aim of recruiting and training the next generation of excellent teachers. We offer an academically rigorous and school-led ITT programme, balancing classroom know-how and experience with academic excellence and PGCE study. We are very proud of our excellent outcomes for our trainee teachers: to date, we have been judged ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted, and have been ranked the third best provider in the country (and the first in London) by the Good Teacher Training Guide 2017.
• The chance to make a difference to children’s and young people’s lives. Future Academies is of the belief that all children have the right to enriching education through a knowledge-rich and child-centric approach: our teachers can therefore make a dramatic impact on the lives of these children.
• Fast career progression. Because knowledge and intelligence, rather than length of service, are lauded and rewarded at Future Academies, teachers and support staff can quickly take up great responsibility, adding to their already exceptional experience and knowledge.
• Excellent CPD. The Trust is knowledge-centric and encourages CPD at all levels with excellent opportunities for swift career progression, within the Academy and Trust. This includes Leadership Development opportunities.
• Knowledge-rich staff team. You will be working with supportive leadership teams, cohesive staff body, and very purposeful environment with excellent resources. Being part of a Trust of schools enables you to share knowledge across a wider range of educational professionals.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying to the post of Initial Teacher Training Coordinator at Future Academies, please click on "Fast Apply" to complete an online application form no later than 10pm on Sunday 31 October 2021.
Alternatively, if this role is not quite what you are looking for, feel free to browse through our Trust wide vacancies and register your details to our Talent Pool which can both be found on our website under “Current Vacancies”.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Based on the quality and quantity of applications received, Future Academies reserves the right to close this vacancy sooner than the specified closing date, therefore, early applications are encouraged.
Future Academies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.