Phoenix Academy are seeking two full time Intervention Tutors (Academic)
• Providing in-class support for GCSE students, working collaboratively with teachers, tutors and other staff;
• Carrying out one-to-one or small group interventions, generally after-school, and some on Saturdays or in the school holidays;
• Tutoring students both on and offsite who have been withdrawn from the normal timetable of lessons;
• Liaising with staff to ensure effective information sharing;
• Maintaining regular contact with parents and carers to foster a positive relationship with school and develop family support for academic outcomes;
• Reporting to line manager on students’ progress;
• Assessing and evaluating impact of intervention on student progress and achievement, and amending practice as a result;
• Potentially, carrying out student and parent voice interviews about the effectiveness of the intervention programme;
• Working co-operatively with intervention team colleagues and others to ensure the success of all students identified as needing intervention.
The successful candidate should expect additional tasks and responsibilities if the line manager feels this is necessary to help meet the needs of targeted students.
WHO WE ARE
Future Academies is a Multi-Academy Trust which includes ten schools in and around London and Hertfordshire. We are motivated by a mission of social change and reducing educational inequality. We are unique in our approach to a knowledge-rich curriculum; our school motto is Libertas per cultum (Freedom through education), and in our strong emphasis on raising young people’s aspirations and outcomes through the teaching of classical and traditional subjects. Our children and young people study a bespoke curriculum developed by researchers at our Curriculum Centre, which places a focus on developing their cultural literacy and their awareness of the forces, words and events that have shaped our society.
The successful candidate will need to be reliable, flexible, well-organised, and have good spoken and written English as you will not only be supervising students but will be asked on occasions to act as readers or scribes for students with Special Educational Needs. There will be some associated administrative tasks.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying to the post at Phoenix Academy, please click on "Fast Apply" to complete an online application form. Alternatively, if this role is not quite what you are looking for, feel free to browse through our Trust wide vacancies and register your details to our Talent Pool which can both be found on our website under “Current Vacancies”.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Future Academies reserves the right to interview and appoint prior to the advert closing date
Phoenix Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is classified as having substantial access to children and appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS police check of previous criminal convictions. Applicants are required, before appointment to disclose any conviction, caution or binding over including ‘spent convictions’ under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exemptions) Order 1975. Non-disclosure may lead to termination of employment. However, disclosure of a criminal background will not necessary debar from employment – this will depend upon the nature of the offense(s) and when they were recorded.
Phoenix Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.