WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking to recruit a Learning Support Assistant with a passion for working in education and working with young people. The successful candidate will be a positive role model and be able to work in a fair and enthusiastic way with all of our children.
WHO WE ARE
Pimlico Primary (an Ofsted-rated ‘Outstanding’ school) is a state-funded primary school based in the heart of Westminster in central London. We are part of Future Academies, a Multi-Academy Trust which includes three primary schools and seven secondary schools in and around London. We are motivated by a mission of social change and reducing educational inequality: our school and Trust are unique in our approach to a knowledge-rich curriculum, and in our strong emphasis on raising children’s aspirations and outcomes through the teaching of classical and traditional subjects. Our children study a bespoke curriculum developed by writers at our Curriculum Centre, which places a focus on developing their cultural literacy and their awareness of the forces, words and events that have shaped our society today. We subject-specialise at primary level, meaning that our primary children are taught by several different subject experts, as they would be in the private sector. Pimlico serves children from the most socially deprived communities: our teachers can therefore make a dramatic impact on the lives of these children.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide 1-1 support for children with SEND, supporting delivery of a personalised curriculum, access to in-class activities and supporting progress towards EHCP targets.
- Provide support for pupils, the teacher and the school in order to raise standards of achievement for all pupils (e.g. SEND, EAL and all underachieving groups)
- Promote and support the inclusion of all pupils, including those with specific needs, both in learning activities outside and within the classroom
- Use behaviour management strategies, in line with the school’s policy and procedures, to contribute to a purposeful learning environment and encourage pupils to interact and work co-operatively with others
- With teachers, evaluate pupils’ progress through a range of assessment activities
- Work with external professional agencies such as social workers, health visitors These may include social workers, health visitors, language support staff, speech therapists, educational and therapists where necessary in order to best support the teacher and pupils
- Understand and implement school child protection procedures and comply with legal responsibilities
WHY CHOOSE US?
- The chance to make a difference to children’s lives. Pimlico Primary serves children from the most socially deprived communities: our teachers can therefore make a dramatic impact on the lives of these children.
- Fast career progression. Because knowledge and intelligence, rather than length of service, are lauded and rewarded at Pimlico Primary, teachers and support staff can quickly take up great responsibility. Furthermore, you can access our “Outstanding”-rated Initial Teacher Training programme: the Pimlico-London SCITT.
- Excellent CPD. The Trust is knowledge-centric and encourages CPD at all levels with excellent opportunities for swift career progression, within the Academy and Trust. This includes Leadership Development opportunities.
- Knowledge-rich staff team. You will be working with a supportive leadership team, cohesive staff body, and very purposeful environment with excellent resources. Being part of a Trust of schools enables you to share knowledge across a wider range of educational professionals.
- Perkbox. Access to our employee benefits platform where you can access over 200 different Perks.
- Access to the government-backed Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Competitive salary and generous holiday entitlements alongside benefits such as a season ticket loan and a pension scheme.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying to the Learning Support Assistant position at Pimlico Primary, please click on "Apply Now" no later than 9am on Monday 18th July 2022
We look forward to receiving your application.
Based on the quality and quantity of applications received, Future Academies reserves the right to close this vacancy sooner than the specified closing date, therefore, early applications are encouraged.
Pimlico Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. To this end both an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and a Barred List check are required for this role. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.