We are seeking an excellent musician and teacher to join our music department on a temporary contract from September to December 2022. The music department at Pimlico Academy is a dynamic and exciting place, buzzing with musical activity across any given week. Students have the opportunity to participate in ensembles such as wind band, orchestra, choir, steel pans, jazz band and guitar ensemble, working towards regular concerts across the year. All year 7 students learn an orchestral instrument in addition to their curriculum lesson. We run Eduqas GCSE music and A level music at key stages 4 and 5.
Ideally, the successful candidate would play an orchestral instrument (with a preference for woodwind) as well as having good keyboard skills. They would be able to teach across the three key stages, including sharing an A level class. The candidate would have the opportunity to run an ensemble and would be encouraged to include their particular skills, experiences and passions in repertoire decisions, both in extra-curricular and classroom practice.
The duties outlined in this job description are in addition to those covered by the latest School Teachers' Pay and Conditions Document and subject to any amendments due to government legislation.
- The chance to make a difference to children’s and young people’s lives. Future Academies is of the belief that all children have the right to enriching education through a knowledge-rich and child-centric approach: our teachers can therefore make a dramatic impact on the lives of these children.
- The Curriculum Centre. We enhance our teachers’ lessons and their teaching experience through the development of our own curriculum programmes and resources in our prestigious Curriculum Centre, leaving our teachers to focus on what really matters; the students.
- Fast career progression. Because knowledge and intelligence, rather than length of service, are lauded and rewarded at Future Academies, teachers and support staff can quickly take up great responsibility, adding to their already exceptional experience and knowledge, joining the SLT or writing for the Trust’s Curriculum Centre, where our in-house textbooks are produced.
- Excellent CPD. The Trust is knowledge-centric and encourages CPD at all levels with excellent opportunities for swift career progression, within the Academy and Trust. This includes Leadership Development opportunities.
- Knowledge-rich staff team. You will be working with a supportive leadership team, cohesive staff body, and very purposeful environment with excellent resources. Being part of a Trust of schools enables you to share knowledge across a wider range of educational professionals.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying to the post of Music Teacher at Pimlico Academy, please click on “Fast Apply” to complete an online application form.
Alternatively, if this role is not quite what you are looking for, feel free to browse through our Trust wide vacancies and register your details to our Talent Pool which can both be found on our website under “Current Vacancies”.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Future Academies reserves the right to interview and appoint prior to the advert closing date.
Pimlico Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. To this end both an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and a Barred List check are required for this role. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.