Would you like to work at The Grange Academy?
At The Grange Academy, we are looking for a passionate Brass Instructor to deliver high quality music lessons while successfully nurturing and inspiring our students. As part of our energetic and welcoming team, you will enthuse and motivate students to strive for success while maintaining a healthy learning environment for all children within the school.
WHO WE ARE
The Grange Academy is a state-funded secondary school based in Bushey, Hertfordshire. Future Academies is a multi-academy trust which runs ten academies and has an excellent teacher training college, which has NCTL Teaching School accreditation. We are motivated by a mission of social change and reducing educational inequality. Our school and Trust are unique in our approach to a knowledge-rich curriculum; our school moto is Libertas per cultum (Freedom through education), and in our strong emphasis on raising young people’s aspirations and outcomes through the teaching of classical and traditional subjects. Our children and young people study a bespoke curriculum developed by researchers at our Curriculum Centre, which places a focus on developing their cultural literacy and their awareness of the forces, words and events that have shaped our society today.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Salary £36.00 per hour
- Working hours: 1500-1630; 1 day per week; FTC until 22 July 2022
- A school that is fully dedicated to developing every child to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
- Collaborative working within our shared family of schools to support our endeavours to work smarter and achieve an effective balance between home and work.
- Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students without limitations.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery
- High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work as a team.
- The ability to work towards deadlines.
- The ability to motivate both students and your peers.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Experience innovating to deliver the curriculum
The Grange Academy is part of Future Academies which is an educational charity and multi-academy trust. It is committed to the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare of all children and young people. Therefore, the trust expects all members of staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. To this end, both an ‘Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service’ check and a ‘Barred List’ check will be required for this role.