WHO WE ARE
Millbank Academy is an Ofsted Outstanding rated state-funded Primary Academy based in Pimlico. We are part of Future Academies, an aspirational multi-academy trust based across London and Hertfordshire and comprising of three primary schools, six secondary schools, an Ofsted ‘Outstanding’-rated initial teacher training programme and our very own Curriculum Centre. Future Academies’ motto is libertas per cultum (‘freedom through education’): at the heart of everything we do is our belief that all young people can achieve, regardless of background or circumstance. Through the provision of a rigorous, knowledge-rich curriculum, first-class education enrichment programme, and nurturing and supportive environment, Future Academies aims to improve the life chances and aspirations of all children under their care.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Millbank Academy seeks an, inspirational flute teacher to join one of our highly committed, experienced and supportive primary school. Millbank Academy is looking for a peripatetic flute teacher to teach 4.5 hours to groups of students from year 3 to 6. The position requires you to be self-employed and the hourly rate is £35 per hour.
We can offer you:
• The opportunity to work with enthusiastic and hardworking pupils
• High quality facilities with excellent resources
• A location easily accessible by train, tube and bus
The successful applicant for this post will be expected to:
• Teach flute to groups of 15 students.
• Teach an instrumental programme to whole-class groups. This could follow the Groove ‘n’ Play ‘Recorders, Stick and Songs’ programme.
• Prepare students for performances and examinations
• Contact parents to discuss attendance and progress of students.
• Be in contact with Head of Music at Pimlico Academy to help prepare students for Cross-Trust performances.
• Write a report on student progress in the summer term to be sent to parents
• Act in a professional manner.
The successful applicant will be:
• A passionate and outstanding performer as well as committed to music education
• A good communicator, with outstanding planning and organisational skills and the ability to work within a team
• Committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
• In possession of an enhanced DBS certificate on the update service
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying to the Peripatetic Flute Teacher position at Millbank Academy please download the attached application form, complete and return by Wednesday 25th November 2020 at 9am.
Future Academies reserve the right to appoint at any stage of the recruitment process.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Millbank Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.