WHO WE ARE
Francis Combe Academy is a state-funded secondary school based in Watford boasting state of the art buildings and cutting edge technologies. We are part of Future Academies, a Multi-Academy Trust which includes three primary schools and six secondary schools in and around London and Hertfordshire. We are motivated by a mission of social change and reducing educational inequality. Our school and Trust are unique in our approach to a knowledge-rich curriculum; our school motto is Libertas per cultum (Freedom through education), and in our strong emphasis on raising young people’s aspirations and outcomes through the teaching of classical and traditional subjects. Our children and young people study a bespoke curriculum developed by researchers at our Curriculum Centre, which places a focus on developing their cultural literacy and their awareness of the forces, words and events that have shaped our society today.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The successful candidate will model best practice and provide effective high-quality learning and teaching in their instrument which enables all pupils to achieve their maximum potential.
• Willing and able to develop musicianship hand and hand with instrument technique
• Interested in pedagogy / willing to work with and alongside the curriculum taught in class
• An ability to inspire musical passion in students
• Music to degree or diploma standard
• Highly skilled in your instrument (Trombone, Trumpet and Cello)
• 2-3 years’ experience of teaching music to children
WHY CHOOSE US?
• The chance to make a difference to children’s and young people’s lives. Future Academies is of the belief that all children have the right to enriching education through a knowledge-rich and child-centric approach: our teachers can therefore make a dramatic impact on the lives of these children.
• Excellent CPD. The Trust is knowledge-centric and encourages CPD at all levels with excellent opportunities for swift career progression, within the Academy and Trust. This includes Leadership Development opportunities.
• Knowledge-rich staff team. You will be working with a supportive leadership team, cohesive staff body, and very purposeful environment with excellent resources. Being part of a Trust of schools enables you to share knowledge across a wider range of educational professionals.
• State of the art building. The cutting-edge facilities offered by our £25 million building mean that both students and members of staff work and learn in an environment that inspires creativity and achievement, and creates an array of avenues for success through learning.
• Perkbox. Access to our employee benefits platform where you can access over 200 different Perks.
• Access to the government-backed Cycle to Work Scheme.
• Competitive salary and generous holiday entitlements alongside perks such as a season ticket loan and pension scheme.
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete the attached application form to apply for this position by Wednesday 5th August 2020.
Further information on working at Francis Combe Academy and the role can be found on our website.
Please note that Future Academies reserves the right to shortlist, interview and appoint before the closing date if a suitable candidate applies for the post.
Future Academies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check is required for this post.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Future Academies Watford is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.