WHO WE ARE
Pimlico Academy (Ofsted rated “Outstanding) is a state-funded secondary school based in the heart of Westminster in central London. We are part of Future Academies, a Multi-Academy Trust which includes three primary schools and six secondary schools in and around London. We are motivated by a mission of social change and reducing educational inequality. Our school and Trust are unique in our approach to a knowledge-rich curriculum; our school moto is Libertas per cultum (Freedom through education), and in our strong emphasis on raising young people’s aspirations and outcomes through the teaching of classical and traditional subjects. Our children and young people study a bespoke curriculum developed by researchers at our Curriculum Centre, which places a focus on developing their cultural literacy and their awareness of the forces, words and events that have shaped our society today.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced receptionist to work on our front of house reception desk and be the first point of contact for children, young people, parents, staff members and external professionals coming in and out of the Academy.
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
• Excellent written and spoken English with excellent communication skills and the ability to build rapport with children, parents and external professionals
• Excellent organizational skills and proven experience of working front of house
• The enthusiasm and energy required to work front of house within schools
• An unwavering belief in the power of education to change lives, as per our trust’s motto, libertas per cultum (freedom through education). We expect all teachers to share in, and feel empowered by, this concept
WHY CHOOSE US?
• Fast career progression. Because knowledge and intelligence, rather than length of service, are lauded and rewarded at Future Academies.
• The chance to make a difference to children’s and young people’s lives. Pimlico Academy serve children and young people from the most socially deprived communities.
• Excellent staff team. You will be working with a supportive leadership team, cohesive staff body, and very purposeful environment with excellent resources. Being part of a Trust of schools enables you to share knowledge across a wider range of educational professionals.
• Excellent CPD. The Trust is knowledge-centric and encourages CPD at all levels with excellent opportunities for swift career progression, within the Academy and Trust. This includes Leadership Development opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying for the Receptionist position at Pimlico Academy please complete the online application form by Monday 29/11/2021.
We look forward to receiving your application.