Ensuring a welcoming and efficient support service to students, staff, parents and other visitors to the academy through:
- Operating the telephone switchboard system, dealing with calls appropriately and where necessary, directing queries promptly to the appropriate person, where possible.
- Be responsible for the school’s email account administration. Check regularly and respond appropriately, escalating to Senior Administration Manager or notifying the correct member of SLT where appropriate.
- Receiving all visitors to the Academy and administering the ‘signing in/out’ system.
- Ensuring that the franking system is operational and in credit.
- Franking of outgoing mail.
- Administering and recording the use of the Academy’s Emergency Cover system.
- Signing out students.
- Support in the use and updating of the schools information management systems.
- Undertake any other duties as may be reasonably required taking into account skills and experience.
- To provide support within the reprographics department
Undertaking the following tasks in order to further assist the effective operation of the Academy:
- Word processing of letters sent to parents.
- Assisting with administrative work, where required.
- Word processing documents for the whole school, alongside other members of the Admin team.
- Acting as the first point of enquiry for staff, students and parents.
- To promote the aims, values and ethos of the Trust and uphold the Trust Data/GDPR policy.
- To adhere to all Academy policies and procedures.
- To participate in any appropriate meetings with colleagues and parents.
- To participate in performance management arrangements with the Trust.
- To attend training courses as required and lead by example on continuous professional development.
- To observe and promote Equalities across the Trust.
- To be responsive to Academy needs, demonstrating speed of response through own actions and proactively proposing ideas and solutions.
- To carry out any other duties appropriate to the post as required.
As an educational trust, Future Academies is committed to the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare of all children and young people. Therefore, the trust expects all members of staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. To this end, both an ‘Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service’ check and a ‘Barred List’ check will be required for this role.
Please note that Future Academies reserves the right to appoint at any stage during the recruitment process.
No job description can be entirely comprehensive, and roles develop organically over time. The post holder will be expected to support with any other duties appropriate to the role, as and when this is required.
Phoenix Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. To this end both an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and a Barred List check are required for this role. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.