To work flexibly as part of a team providing a full range of information services to support teaching and learning. To take a lead with the Academy's Reprographics and Desktop Publishing provision. Designing and developing high quality resources.
Line Manager for: This post has no line management responsibilities
Main Duties and Areas of Responsibility:
• Assist with the running of the Reprographics under the direct supervision of the Reprographics Manager;
• Under the direction of the Reprographics Manager, ensure that the reprographics facility is properly maintained and that stock levels are appropriate and secure;
• Under the direction of the Reprographics Manager, ensure that printing of documents for staff are carried out in accordance with their specifications, but adhering to any copyright protection;
• Provide general maintenance for all reprographics facilities across the Academy;
• Ensure the general cleanliness and tidiness of the reprographics area to maintain efficiency and safety;
• To provide a proficient Desktop Publishing service to meet the needs of the Academy;
• Prepare, set-up and where necessary, demonstrate and assist in the use of equipment and resources that support the work of Academy staff;
• Work as a member of a team contributing to new developments or updating procedures;
• Keep up to date with new developments in education, information provision and learning resources in order to ensure an efficient and effective service which makes best use of emerging technologies;
• Encourage the use of current and emerging technologies to support the delivery of the curriculum;
• Support students and staff in their use of the Academy's Virtual Learning Environment (VLE);
• Participate in the monitoring of the Academy website;
• Acquire and maintain a good knowledge of information sources and literature of all subject areas relevant to the needs of the students. Be able to help students find information from a variety of sources, both print and electronic, and make suggestions for new resources;
• Contribute to a range of policies and procedures to develop the use of Reprographics department.
General and Academy Responsibilities:
• To support Future Academies Watford commitment to safeguarding children and promoting their welfare at a level appropriate to this role;
• Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to health and safety, security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to the appropriate person;
• Contribute to the overall ethos and aims of the school;
• Participate in training, other learning activities and performance development as required;
• Attend and participate in meetings as required;
• Any other duties commensurate with the duties and responsibilities of the post;
• All staff in school will be expected to accept reasonable flexibility in working arrangements and the allocation of duties, including playground and lunchtime supervision;
As an educational trust, Future Academies is committed to the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare of all children and young people. Therefore, the trust expects all members of staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. To this end, both an ‘Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service’ check and a ‘Barred List’ check will be required for this role.
No job description can be entirely comprehensive, and roles develop organically over time. The post holder will be expected to support with any other duties appropriate to the role, as and when this is required.
Future Academies Watford is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.