Future Academies Watford is looking for people of outstanding imagination, intellect and passion to join us as we aim to develop excellence in our own students and forge new directions in education.
Our Learning Support Department aims to offer outstanding support to all of our students across the academy. in addition the successful candidate will take responsibility for running the library, providing a quiet reading space at lunchtimes and break times, as well we liaising with curriculum leads on resourcing the library.
WHO YOU ARE
You will be passionate and enthusiastic about working with young people. Have a flexible approach to work and be keen to learn and develop your skills as well having:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- The ambition and determination we expect from all of our staff to continue striving for excellence
- An unwavering belief in the power of education to change lives, as per our trust’s motto, libertas per cultum (freedom through education). We expect all staff to share in, and feel empowered by, this concept.
WHO WE ARE
Future Academies Watford is set in leafy Hertfordshire, is well connected with many transport links and a short train journey away from the centre of London.
We are part of Future Academies, a Multi-Academy Trust which includes three primary schools and seven secondary schools in and around London and Hertfordshire. We are motivated by a mission of social change and reducing educational inequality. We are unique in our approach to a knowledge-rich curriculum; our school motto is libertas per cultum (freedom through education), and in our strong emphasis on raising young people’s aspirations and outcomes through the teaching of classical and traditional subjects. Our children and young people study a bespoke curriculum developed by researchers at our Curriculum Centre, which places a focus on developing their cultural literacy and their awareness of the forces, words and events that have shaped our society today.
- The chance to make a difference to children’s and young people’s lives. Future Academies is of the belief that all children have the right to enriching education through a knowledge-rich and child-centric approach.
- Fast career progression. Because knowledge and intelligence, rather than length of service, are lauded and rewarded at Future Academies, teachers and support staff can quickly take up great responsibility, adding to their already exceptional experience and knowledge, joining the SLT or writing for the Trust’s Curriculum Centre, where our in-house textbooks are produced.
- Excellent CPD. The Trust is knowledge-centric and encourages CPD at all levels with excellent opportunities for swift career progression, within the Academy and Trust. This includes Leadership Development opportunities.
- Knowledge-rich staff team. You will be working with a supportive leadership team, cohesive staff body, and very purposeful environment with excellent resources. Being part of a Trust of schools enables you to share knowledge across a wider range of educational professionals.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying for this post at Future Academies Watford, please click on the Apply button to complete an online application form.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Future Academies reserves the right to interview and appoint prior to the advert closing date.
Future Academies Watford is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. To this end both an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and a Barred List check are required for this role. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.