WHO WE ARE
Francis Combe Academy is a state-funded secondary school based in Watford boasting state of the art buildings and cutting edge technologies. We are part of Future Academies, a Multi-Academy Trust which includes three primary schools and six secondary schools in and around London and Hertfordshire. We are motivated by a mission of social change and reducing educational inequality. Our school and Trust are unique in our approach to a knowledge-rich curriculum; our school motto is Libertas per cultum (Freedom through education), and in our strong emphasis on raising young people’s aspirations and outcomes through the teaching of classical and traditional subjects. Our children and young people study a bespoke curriculum developed by researchers at our Curriculum Centre, which places a focus on developing their cultural literacy and their awareness of the forces, words and events that have shaped our society today.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for an experienced and ambitious school receptionist to support in the smooth-running of our busy reception area, assist administrators with their duties and act as the first point of contact for parents/carers and external agencies. The post will be a FTC Maternity cover beginning in October. This is an excellent opportunity for a school-based receptionist to further their experience of working within a busy Academy as part of a large, Multi-Academy Trust, working closely with the other schools and alongside experienced and established members of staff.
You will be:
• Experienced working as part of a busy school office team, being first point of contact for parents/carers and delivering exceptional front desk service
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of SIMS
• Highly organised, pro-active and self-motivated with excellent communication skills and attention to detail
• Excellent written and communication skills with an exemplary telephone manner
WHY CHOOSE US?
• The chance to make a difference to children’s and young people’s lives. Future Academies is of the belief that all children have the right to enriching education through a knowledge-rich and child-centric approach: our teachers can therefore make a dramatic impact on the lives of these children.
• Excellent CPD. The Trust is knowledge-centric and encourages CPD at all levels with excellent opportunities for swift career progression, within the Academy and Trust. This includes Leadership Development opportunities.
• Knowledge-rich staff team. You will be working with a supportive leadership team, cohesive staff body, and very purposeful environment with excellent resources. Being part of a Trust of schools enables you to share knowledge across a wider range of educational professionals.
• State of the art building. The cutting-edge facilities offered by our £25 million building mean that both students and members of staff work and learn in an environment that inspires creativity and achievement, and creates an array of avenues for success through learning.
• Perkbox. Access to our employee benefits platform where you can access over 200 different Perks.
• Access to the government-backed Cycle to Work Scheme.
• Competitive salary and generous holiday entitlements alongside perks such as a season ticket loan and pension scheme.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please download the attached application form, complete and return by Friday 7th August 2020.
Please note that Future Academies reserves the right to appoint at any stage during the recruitment process.
Future Academies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check is required for this post.
Future Academies Watford is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.