SCIENCE AND GEOGRAPHY TEACHER AT CHURCHILL GARDENS PRIMARY
A unique opportunity to teach Science and Geography at a primary school in central London.
WHO WE ARE
Churchill Gardens Primary is a state-funded primary school based in the heart of Westminster in central London. We are part of Future Academies, a multi-academy trust which includes three primary schools and seven secondary schools in and around London. We are motivated by a mission of social change and reducing educational inequality: our school and Trust are unique in our approach to a knowledge-rich curriculum, and in our strong emphasis on raising children’s aspirations and outcomes through the teaching of classical and traditional subjects. Our children study a bespoke curriculum developed by writers at our Curriculum Centre, which places a focus on developing their cultural literacy and their awareness of the forces, words and events that have shaped our society today. We subject-specialise at primary level, meaning that our primary children are taught by several different subject experts, as they would be in the private sector. Churchill Gardens Primary serves children from the most socially deprived communities: our teachers can therefore make a dramatic impact on the lives of these children.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking bright, passionate and socially-minded individuals. Successful candidates will demonstrate:
- A strong academic record, with a 2:1 degree or above in Science or Geography or a related subject from Oxford, Cambridge or another leading university.
- Great passion for their subject.
- The enthusiasm and energy required to work with the children and young people in our schools.
- An unwavering belief in the power of education to change lives. Our Trust’s motto is libertas per cultum (freedom through education). We expect all teachers to share in, and feel empowered by, this concept.
We welcome applications from secondary teachers and from unqualified applicants.
WHY CHOOSE US?
- The opportunity to teach your subject(s) and only your subject(s). Unlike other state primary schools, we expect our teachers to be experts in their subjects, and we offer teachers the opportunity to explore further their love for their subject and to deepen their subject knowledge.
- Fast career progression. Because knowledge and intelligence, rather than length of service, are lauded and rewarded at Churchill Gardens Primary, teachers can quickly take up great responsibility, leading a department, joining the SLT or writing for the Trust’s Curriculum Centre, where our in-house textbooks are produced.
- The chance to make a difference to children’s lives. Churchill Gardens Primary serves children from socially deprived communities: our teachers can therefore make a dramatic impact on the lives of these children.
Future Academies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check is required for this post.
Churchill Gardens Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. To this end both an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and a Barred List check are required for this role. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.