Future Academies Watford has an exciting opportunity for Senior Science Technician to join our secondary schools in September 2021. You will be joining an established and knowledgeable science department and, working closely with the Curriculum Centre, you will have access to bespoke resources designed to enhance your teaching, ensuring consistently high standards of teaching and learning across each of our academies.
You will be adding your knowledge and value to our family of schools, alongside dedicated and passionate subject specialists within your department and ensuring high-quality learning takes place. You will ensure that outstanding attainment and progress are continued to be secured and, using resources provided by our Curriculum Centre, will align your work with the Future Curriculum Design principles and Eight Habits
WHO YOU ARE
You will have the ability to inspire young people, instilling a love of physics both as an academic subject and applying it to the world around them. You will be a tireless advocate for your subject and forward thinking in your approaches to development, change and improvement; we are developing an academic culture where the highest standards are expected of staff and students in line with the Future Academies belief system.
As the successful applicant, you will have:
• A levels or the equivalent in science, or a BTEC HNC/HND,
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• The ambition and determination we expect from all of our staff to continue striving for excellence
• The enthusiasm and energy required to work with the children and young people in our schools
• An unwavering belief in the power of education to change lives, as per our trust’s motto, libertas per cultum (freedom through education).
• The chance to make a difference to children’s and young people’s lives. Future Academies is of the belief that all children have the right to enriching education through a knowledge-rich and child-centric approach: our teachers can therefore make a dramatic impact on the lives of these children.
• The Curriculum Centre. We enhance both our teachers’ lessons and their teaching experience through the development of our own curriculum programmes and resources in our prestigious Curriculum Centre, leaving our teachers to focus on what really matters; the students.
• Fast career progression. Because knowledge and intelligence, rather than length of service, are lauded and rewarded at Future Academies, teachers and support staff can quickly take up great responsibility, adding to their already exceptional experience and knowledge, joining the SLT or writing for the Trust’s Curriculum Centre, where our in-house textbooks are produced.
• Excellent CPD. The Trust is knowledge-centric and encourages CPD at all levels with excellent opportunities for swift career progression, within the Academy and Trust. This includes Leadership Development opportunities.
• Knowledge-rich staff team. You will be working with a supportive leadership team, cohesive staff body, and very purposeful environment with excellent resources. Being part of a Trust of schools enables you to share knowledge across a wider range of educational professionals.
As an educational trust, Future Academies is committed to the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare of all children and young people. Therefore, the trust expects all members of staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. To this end, both an ‘Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service’ check and a ‘Barred List’ check will be required for this role.
No job description can be entirely comprehensive, and roles develop organically over time. The post holder will be expected to support with any other duties appropriate to the role, as and when this is required.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying for the Senior Science Technician position at Future Academies Watford please complete the online application form by Wednesday 26th May at 9am.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Future Academies Watford is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.