The school is seeking an enthusiastic senior science technician to join our experienced team. If you are committed to academic excellence and have new ideas/initiatives to continue our success we would be very interested in your application.
WHY CHOOSE US
The Grange Academy is a outstanding school based in Bushey that is fully dedicated to developing every child to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability, and we are committed to providing fantastic facilities for teachers and supporting staff to resource engaging science learning without limitations.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Grade: H6 SCP14 to H7 SCP23
- FTE Salary: £24,398 pa to £29,140 pa including Fringe Allowance
- Pro-Rata Salary: £21,429.02 pa to £25,593.96 Including Fringe Allowance.
- 37.5 hours/week; 40 [Term time plus 2 weeks] weeks/year
- Teamworking as the norm
- Energetic and enthusiastic pupils
- Renowned for extra-curricular activities
- Excellent resources and facilities
- A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
- Providing technical assistance to teachers and students within planned lessons as requested.
- Controlling stock; working with the budget-holding Head of Science to maintain resources
- Promoting awareness of health and safety in science lessons.
- Putting equipment /chemicals / computers into the laboratories prior to class and collecting after.
- General laboratory housekeeping, including hand washing glassware, returning stock to cupboards in the prep room and disposing of waste.
- Working with a wide range of class teachers to deliver excellent teaching and learning.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Prior experience as a senior lab technician or similar
- A specialist qualification in science
- A commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying to the post of a senior science technician at The Grange Academy, please click on “Fast Apply” to complete an online application form.
Alternatively, if this role is not quite what you are looking for, feel free to browse through our Trust wide vacancies and register your details to our Talent Pool which can both be found on our website under “Current Vacancies”.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Future Academies reserves the right to interview and appoint prior to the advert closing date.
The Grange Academy is part of Future Academies which is an educational charity and multi-academy trust. It is committed to the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare of all children and young people. Therefore, the Trust expects all members of staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. To this end, both an ‘Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service’ check and a ‘Barred List’ check will be required for this role. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.