WHO WE ARE
Future Academies Watford is a state-funded secondary school based in Watford boasting state of the art buildings and cutting edge technologies. We are part of Future Academies, a Multi-Academy Trust which includes three primary schools and six secondary schools in and around London and Hertfordshire. We are motivated by a mission of social change and reducing educational inequality. Our school and Trust are unique in our approach to a knowledge-rich curriculum; our school motto is Libertas per cultum (Freedom through education), and in our strong emphasis on raising young people’s aspirations and outcomes through the teaching of classical and traditional subjects. Our children and young people study a bespoke curriculum developed by researchers at our Curriculum Centre, which places a focus on developing their cultural literacy and their awareness of the forces, words and events that have shaped our society today.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The ideal candidate for this role will have the ability to inspire children and young people, instilling a love of Art & Design both as an academic subject and applying it to the world around them. Someone who is a tireless advocate for their subject, who is forward thinking in their approaches to development, change and improvement is essential for this role and school culture; we are developing an academic culture where the highest standards are expected of staff and students in line with the Future Academies belief system.
You will be adding your knowledge and value to our established department, teaching alongside dedicated and passionate subject specialists and ensuring high-quality learning takes place. You will ensure that outstanding attainment and progress are continued to be secured at all key stages.
You will work closely with the Head of Department and, using resources provided by our Curriculum Centre, will align your work with the Future Curriculum Design principles and Eight Habits.
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
• A strong academic record with a 2:1 degree or above from a leading university
• Great passion for their subject with high cultural literacy to deliver sophisticated lessons and continue to raise teaching standards across the DT Department
• The enthusiasm and energy required to work with the children and young people in our schools
• An unwavering belief in the power of education to change lives, as per our trust’s motto, libertas per cultum (freedom through education). We expect all teachers to share in, and feel empowered by, this concept
WHY CHOOSE US?
• The chance to make a difference to children’s and young people’s lives. Future Academies is of the belief that all children have the right to enriching education through a knowledge-rich and child-centric approach: our teachers can therefore make a dramatic impact on the lives of these children.
• Fast career progression. Because knowledge and intelligence, rather than length of service, are lauded and rewarded at Future Academies, teachers can quickly take up great responsibility, adding to their already exceptional experience and knowledge, joining the SLT or writing for the Trust’s Curriculum Centre, where our in-house textbooks are produced.
• Excellent CPD. The Trust is knowledge-centric and encourages CPD at all levels with excellent opportunities for swift career progression, within the Academy and Trust. This includes Leadership Development opportunities.
• Knowledge-rich staff team. You will be working with a supportive leadership team, cohesive staff body, and very purposeful environment with excellent resources. Being part of a Trust of schools enables you to share knowledge across a wider range of educational professionals.
• Perkbox. Access to our employee benefits platform where you can access over 200 different Perks.
• Access to the government-backed Cycle to Work Scheme.
• Competitive salary and generous holiday entitlements alongside perks such as a season ticket loan and pension scheme.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying to this position, please complete the attached application form by Tuesday 20th October. Further information about working at Future Academies Watford can be found on our website.
Future Academies Watford is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.