Post: Religious Studies Teacher
Accountable to: Head of Religious Studies
Salary: Main Professional Grade 1-6
Start Date: September 2022
Are you an ambitious and highly effective teacher, determined to make a difference to student’s life chances? If so, come and join the dedicated team at Phoenix Academy and help our student’s to be the best they can be.
Phoenix is part of the Future Academies Trust, an ambitious family of 10 schools, Curriculum Centre and a teacher training centre (SCITT). The school believes that a knowledge-led curriculum is the best means to transform pupil outcomes.
To contribute to developing Phoenix Academy into a great school by teaching a knowledge-led and challenging Religious Studies curriculum, teaching highly effective sequences of lessons, and constantly reflecting on your practice.
You will share our firm belief in the importance of Religious Studies as an academic discipline and you will want to join a school that invests in its staff. We also believe in the importance of teacher expertise and have a determination to enable all our staff to engage in research and debate.
A Future Academies teacher is
- Passionate about their subject and have excellent academic qualifications and thorough subject knowledge.
- Aligned with our educational vision and committed to a knowledge-led curriculum, with high ambitions for pupil attainment and in the central role of the teacher as expert.
- Able to combine academic rigour and achievement with enjoyment of the subject.
- Committed to providing a high standard of pastoral care.
- Equipped to deliver strong classroom management.
- An inspirational leader, with the capacity to develop excellence in others.
- A good communicator, with outstanding planning and organisational skills and the ability to unify and motivate a team.
- Committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
- Committed to wider school life and be willing to engage in a range of extra-curricular activities.
We can offer you
- Free access to our leisure centre which includes a swimming pool, fitness suite and dance studio
- Free breakfast and lunch each day
- The opportunity to work with enthusiastic and happy pupils
- The chance to help rapidly improve the most important school in London
- Excellent CPD focused on outstanding teaching and learning
- Access to the Trust Future Leaders programme and multiple leadership development opportunities
- The expertise and support of senior leadership and colleagues across the Future Academies Trust
- An area well served by public transport, plus ample car parking on site
If you are enthusiastic, motivated and keen to work with a dedicated team of professionals, we would love to hear from you.
Please submit an application and supporting statement to demonstrate how your skills, experience, qualifications and personal qualities meet the requirements of the role as set out in the job description and person specification.
Closing date for all applications is: Friday 20th May 2022, 10am
Interviews will take place as follows: Week beginning 23rd May 2022
Please note that Future Academies reserves the right to appoint at any stage during the recruitment process so early applications are encouraged.
Future Academies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks for this post.
Phoenix Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. To this end both an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and a Barred List check are required for this role. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.