We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced Learning Support Assistant to play a key role in supporting the class teacher in the teaching and welfare of a child with learning and physical needs. You would be helping to support a specific child with their learning needs and will work under the guidance of the class teacher and the Assistant Headteacher (SENCo).
About Springfield Primary School
Springfield Primary School provides an exceptional learning environment where children academically flourish and emotionally thrive. Our innovative, thematic curriculum enables all children to learn well, developing a life-long love of learning.
The well-being of children is at the core of all school decisions, nurturing pupils as they develop: kindness, resilience, confidence and a sense of responsibility for themselves and others.
Our beautiful grounds and excellent facilities afford children a wealth of new learning experiences, including an array of extra-curricular activities to develop more broadly their skills and wider interests.
Springfield Primary School is an academy within the multi-academy trust, GLF. We work closely with other primary and secondary schools sharing outstanding practice, expertise and resources.
What we are looking for
• Has experience of working with children with SEND and 1:1 support
• Be able to develop positive relationships with young children
• Be able to develop an understanding of the educational, welfare and social needs of the children you are supporting
• Be able to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviour.
• Be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team
• Be a confident and clear communicator with parents
• Be flexible with regard to other classroom work
Why work at Springfield Primary School
• An opportunity to work in a welcoming, friendly environment
• An opportunity to work with a highly motivated, engaged and supportive leadership team
• Exceptional CPD opportunities
• Work life and family friendly policies
Salary: Associate 2 range £13,902.11 - £16,309.74 (actual), £17,900 - £21,000 (FTE)
Hours of work: 32.5 per week
Closing date for applications: 12pm on 18th June 2021
Interview date: Wednesday 23rd June 2021
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.