Are you looking for a term time role?
Do you have the passion and skills to work with children with SEN, helping them to develop their full potential?
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and caring Learning Support Assistant to play a key role in supporting the class teacher and the SENCo in the teaching and welfare of children with learning and physical needs. You would be both helping to support a specific child with their learning needs as well as working as a class Teaching Assistant. You will work under the guidance of the class teacher and the SENCo. Experience of with working with children with additional learning needs would be a benefit.
About Hammond School
Rated as good by Ofsted, Hammond School is a 3 form entry junior school serving the community of Lightwater and the surrounding villages. Hammond Junior School is part of the Federation of Lightwater Schools, being partnered with the adjacent infant school, and is an academy within the GLF Academy Trust. Through GLF, we have the benefit of sharing outstanding resources and practice with a number of other schools. We pride ourselves on the passion and dedication of our friendly staff and our wonderful pupils.
What we are looking for
We require the successful candidate to:
- Be able to develop positive relationships with young children
- Be able to develop an understanding of the educational, welfare and social needs of the child you are supporting
- Be able to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviour
- Be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team
- Be a confident and clear communicator with parents
- Be flexible with regard to other classroom work
- Have experience of working with children with additional learning needs
Why work at Hammond Junior School?
- A well supported and vibrant learning environment with an emphasis on high levels of achievement
- High expectations, yet caring ethos which focuses on the development of the whole child
- A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF schools
- Recognition of previous school continuous service
- Excellent staff CPD opportunities
Working hours: 31.25 hours per week, 39 weeks per year (term time plus inset). Fewer hours will be considered.
Salary: Associate 2 (FTE £18,000)
Pro Rata: £13,442 for 31.25 hours
Closing Date for Applications: 8th December 2022 @ 09:00
Interview Date: TBC
Visits to the school from potential candidates are welcomed. Please contact the school office if you would like to make an appointment to visit the school.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place