Are you looking for a term time role?
Do you have the passion and skills to work with children with SEN, helping them to develop their full potential?
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and caring Learning Support Assistant to play a key role in supporting the class teacher and the SENCo in the teaching and welfare of children with learning and physical needs. You would be both helping to support a specific child with their learning needs as well as working as a class Teaching Assistant. You will work under the guidance of the class teacher and the SENCo. Experience of with working with children with additional learning needs would be a benefit.
About Hammond School
Rated as good by Ofsted, Hammond School is a 3 form entry junior school serving the community of Lightwater and the surrounding villages. Hammond Junior School is part of the Federation of Lightwater Schools, being partnered with the adjacent infant school, and is an academy within the GLF Academy Trust. Through GLF, we have the benefit of sharing outstanding resources and practice with a number of other schools. We pride ourselves on the passion and dedication of our friendly staff and our wonderful pupils.
Our School sits within a newly established cluster of schools, overseen by a Regional Director. Along with Springfield Primary School, our cluster includes the following other schools; Hammond, Lightwater, Cordwalles, Pine Ridge and Lorraine. This is an exciting opportunity to work collaboratively with colleagues across this cluster, to share expertise and experience, ensuring all children in our schools receive an excellent education and reach their potential. It also provides opportunities for career progression across the cluster and gives you the chance to further your professional development.
What we are looking for
We require the successful candidate to:
- Be able to develop positive relationships with young children
- Be able to develop an understanding of the educational, welfare and social needs of the child you are supporting
- Be able to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviour
- Be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team
- Be a confident and clear communicator with parents
- Be flexible with regard to other classroom work
- Have experience of working with children with additional learning needs
Why work at Hammond Junior School?
- A well supported and vibrant learning environment with an emphasis on high levels of achievement
- High expectations, yet caring ethos which focuses on the development of the whole child
- A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF schools
- Recognition of previous school continuous service
- Excellent staff CPD opportunities
Join the GLF Schools Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 42 academies or in our central team.
- Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 16,000 pupils
- Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
- 42 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
- We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
- Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
GLF Schools Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
- Access to our highly competitive Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexible working options
- Generous holiday allowance
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Career pathways and talent management
- Access to a staff benefits portal
- Community and collaboration working model
Please read the attached Join Our Community candidate pack for further information.
Working hours: 30 hours per week, 39 weeks per year (term time plus inset).
Salary: Associate 2
Salary range: FTE £20,809 - £23,363
Pro Rata: £14,918 for 30 hours.
Closing Date for Applications: 8th December 2023
Interview Date: 11th December 2023
Visits to the school from potential candidates are welcomed. Please contact the school office if you would like to make an appointment to visit the school.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place