Are you a Graduate looking for an exciting opportunity to gain experience of working within a growing secondary school in a state-of-the-art new building?
We are looking for an Academic Mentor (Maths) to work across the Maths Department supporting KS3 and KS4 lessons. You will lead subject specific work with small groups as you deliver sessions that enrich and engage the students you teach, as well as providing in lesson support for some students. This is the perfect opportunity if you're an aspiring Maths Teacher looking to gain experience before enrolling on to teacher training.
This post is offered on a one year fixed-term contract due to funding. However, as a growing secondary school the opportunities are endless.
You will have plenty of opportunities for professional development and growth. Working as part of the GLF Trust, comprising of 43 schools, we can support you with career pathways for progression.
We are interested in hearing from all candidates, no matter what point in your career you are currently at, and welcome flexible working arrangements.
About Merstham Park School
At Merstham Park, our ethos is simple - igniting a passion for learning. We are proud to be a values driven school which encourages its staff and students to embrace these values in all that they do. This approach provides everyone with the opportunity to exceed beyond their potential.
As a growing school we are excited about our brand-new state of the art facilities that benefits both our staff and the community. Our new build is tailored to enable our staff and students to develop unique skill sets in a truly first-class educational setting through the creation of inviting and interactive learning environments.
Our team of passionate staff are committed to providing children with the very best educational experience. We recognise the importance of academic success whilst embracing our wider role in preparing students for their adult life beyond the formal examined curriculum.
To review the Job Description and Personal Specification for this role please download the attached Recruitment Pack.
What we are looking for
- A desirable degree (2.2 or above)
- Grace C (level 4 or above) in GCSE Maths and English
- Demonstrate a high level of pre-existing subject knowledge in Maths
- A reflective practitioner, keen to develop self and others
- Be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team.
- Be passionate about the students’ learning and welfare.
- Be keen to be part of the wider school community,
Join the GLF Schools Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 42 academies or in our central team.
- Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 16,000 pupils
- Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
- 43 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
- We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
- Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
GLF Schools Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
- Access to our highly competitive Local Government pension
- Flexible working options
- Generous holiday allowance
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Access to a staff benefits portal
- Community and collaboration working model
Start date: ASAP
Contract type: Fixed-Term
Pay Scale: Associate 3 – FTE 22,982, Actual £17,849
Closing date: 20 October 2023, 9am
Interview date: w/c 30 October 2023
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place