de Stafford School is seeking to appoint a dynamic Maths Academic Mentor to help support students address gaps in their learning including as a result of Covid-19.
In conjunction with the Head of Department, you will be expected to plan, develop and implement strategies, which contribute towards effective learning, engagement and achievement.
- Subject specific work with small groups or 1:1, both in the classroom and through withdrawal sessions.
- Revision sessions
The successful candidate must have a degree (2.2 or above) OR have Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), excellent communication skills, a calm and patient personality and a caring approach to supporting young people.
What we are looking for:
● Be enthusiastic and committed to work well as part of a team, as well as being self-motivated and able to work independently
● Be committed to developing and sharing outstanding practice across GLF Schools
● Excellent IT skills including Microsoft, Google and SIMS
● Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
● Be passionate about the children’s learning and welfare
● Educated to GCSE level C or above in English and Maths
● Develop effective working relationships with parents/carers, staff, external professionals and the wider community.
● Be committed to personal career progression and enhancement
About de Stafford School:
de Stafford is an 11-16 comprehensive school located in Caterham, Surrey which joined GLF Schools MAT in December 2016. The School PAN increased from 150 to 180 in September 2018 and will remain so for each year thereafter resulting in a school capacity of 900 students by 2022. The school serves predominantly the local Caterham community with the majority of students residing within the CR3 catchment area.
Our Core Values:
Thrive in a career at GLF Schools:
GLF School is a dynamic, forward thinking and rapidly expanding Academy Trust with many career opportunities for new and existing staff.
Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity, while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experience Regional and Trust teams. Our schools serve to meet the needs of its own local community, yet all are untied in their core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience.
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer which allows our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish. Our offer includes:
• Continuous Professional Development
• Work life and family friendly policies
• Flexible Working
• Staff Wellbeing
• Career Pathways and Talent Management
• Staff Benefits
• Onsite parking
• Access to CareFirst, an advice and information service
Start Date: September 2022
Pay Scale: GLF Associate 3
Pay Range: £20,500 to £24,050
Actual Salary: £15,912 to £18,678 (dependent on experience)
Working Pattern: 32.5 hours per week, term time only
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place