We are recruiting for a Numeracy and Mathematics Academic Tutor to support, motivate and challenge underachieving or vulnerable pupils helping them to overcome barriers to learning, and supporting their academic development. You will also lead and implement a programme to help support children address gaps in their learning as a result of COVID-19.
You will collaborate with colleagues to identify students who would benefit from 1:1 tutoring or mentoring, working with these students to help with their academic progress.
About Rosebery School
Rosebery is a vibrant and stimulating place to work. We have a record of high performance but continually challenge all members of our community to improve further, in order to fulfil our moral purpose to provide the best possible educational experience for our students who are a delight to teach.
We set high expectations for all, but this is accompanied by a support system for students and staff which includes universal access to coaching and mentoring, significant opportunities for individualised personal, academic and professional development and a culture which emphasises kindness and integrity above all.
We are committed to creating a happy, purposeful and secure environment which provides the opportunity for all to develop and grow; to build confidence and self-belief; and to be enriched and stimulated so that everyone plays an active and positive part of the Rosebery, Epsom and wider communities.
We hope that you will want to come and join our unique school community.
What we are looking for:
The successful candidate will:
• Have a high level of literacy, possibly with a relevant degree or qualified teacher status
• Have the ability to engage young people in a positive way.
• Have the ability to communicate effectively and clearly with a wide range of people.
• Have excellent interpersonal skills.
• Be self motivated.
• Be able to work as part of a team and independently as required.
Why work for Rosebery School
• An exciting opportunity to join a friendly and supportive team in an Ofsted Outstanding School.
• A school that is fully dedicated to developing every child to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
• A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools.
• Extensive use of Google Drive to facilitate a sharing of resources.
• Access to CareFirst, an advice and information service.
• Onsite parking, canteen and coffee bar.
To Start: As soon as possible
Hours: 30 hours a week, 39 weeks of the year, 5 days per week
Salary: GLF Associate 3 £20,500 to £24,050 FTE (Actual £14,697 to £17,242 pro rata)
Closing Date: 9.00am on Monday 29 November 2021
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.