Are you an experienced administrator looking for an Admissions Officer position in an 'Outstanding' school?
Glyn School is looking to appoint a skilled, proficient and experienced administrator to join our Administration Team as Admissions Officer.
This role will be well suited for candidates who are experienced in an admissions or administrative role, ideally in an educational environment. We are particularly looking for candidates who are proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Mail Merge, and willing to get trained on new IT systems.
We are interested in hearing from all candidates, no matter what point in your career you are currently at, and welcome flexible working arrangements.
With over 1,700 students, the admissions team at Glyn School is responsible for the smooth transition and enrolment of all students within the school. As Admissions Officer, you will work in partnership with Surrey County Council's Admissions Department to ensure that all applications to join Glyn School are processed in line with Glyn School’s Admissions policies and the Government’s Admission Code of Practice. The Admissions Team is the first point of contact with schools and prospective students' families. You will enrol new and returning students, interact with prospective Parents and Carers, verify documentation and provide accurate reports and student information.
You will be working with the administration team in our busy school office and training will be provided to support you with all aspects of the job role.
About Glyn School:
Why should you work at Glyn School?
Glyn is a high performing school, with an Ofsted ranking of ‘Outstanding’ in 2009 and 2012. An oversubscribed 11-19 Academy, Glyn is the lead school in the successful and thriving GLF Multi-Academy Trust. We are a vibrant school for boys with 1227 students on roll (Year 7-11), and a successful mixed Sixth Form with 546 students.
Glyn School has a reputation for challenging and stretching students with engaging and enriching teaching across all key stages. Our values sit at the heart of all we do and underpins our aspiration that every student leaves us equipped with the resilience and drive that will enable them to forge rewarding futures for themselves.
What we are looking for:
- Be an outstanding administrator, proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Mail Merge and willing to train on new software and information systems.
- Have a keen eye for detail and accurate record keeping.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Be able to prioritise work and committed to working as part of a team.
- Experience and/or knowledge of the Admissions process and SIMS reporting would be an advantage.
Why work at Glyn School (please do review our staff welfare document that is included in this advert):
- An opportunity to develop your career through our extensive CPD programme, whatever your level of experience.
- An opportunity to contribute and grow in a well-resourced and highly successful school.
- An environment where senior and middle leaders offer exceptional support for staff well-being.
- An opportunity to be part of a collaborative environment within GLF Schools.
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Contract type: Permanent, Term-time plus two weeks over summer
- Working hours: 29 hours per week, 41 weeks per year (we support flexible working arrangements)
- Pay Scale: GLF Associate Staff Pay Grade - Associate 3
- Pay Range (for working 29 hours per week, 41 weeks per year): £15,105 - £17,684 (based on skills and experience of successful candidate)
- Closing date: Monday, 21 September 2020
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.