Interested in a part-time job? We are looking for someone to help supervise children in our after-school club.
We are looking for someone to join our friendly team on a permanent basis, to work at our after-school club three afternoons a week. This is a great opportunity for a valued member of the local community, maybe you have taken early retirement, are a student or are looking for a part time job to fit around other commitments. This could be the perfect job for you.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic and motivated, a strong team player and respond positively to the challenges of day to day school life.
About Warlingham Village Primary School
Challenge - Inspire - Discover
Warlingham Village is a happy, vibrant and forward thinking school, our excellent staff team are committed and dedicated in ensuring that each and every child is nurtured to achieve their personal best. We have high standards and expect the best. As part of the Chalklands Cluster, comprising of five GLF schools within the area, we have a collaborative approach towards working which means the schools work closely together to provide an exceptional educational experience to the local communities. The schools benefit from being able to share resources and support each other where needed. It will also allow for more opportunities for career progression across the cluster and give you the chance to enhance your professional development.
We have friendly and committed staff who follow our Vision Statement of Challenge, Inspire and Discover.
What we are looking for
The successful candidate should:
• Be enthusiastic and motivated
• Be able to develop positive relationships with young children
• Have an interest in the play needs of children
• Be able to participate in a variety of activities including arts and crafts, cooking, and other outdoor and indoor games
• Be proactive, using their own initiative to differentiate activities to ensure full inclusion for all abilities and ages.
• Be able to establish and maintain positive working relationships with parents/carers in a way that supports children and values parental involvement.
• Be able to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviour
Why work at Warlingham Village Primary School
• A first class working environment with welcoming and enthusiastic children
• A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools
• Part of the GLF Chalklands cluster (including Hillcroft Primary, Warlingham Primary, Marden Lodge Primary, Whyteleafe Primary and Chestnut Park Primary), encouraging a collaborative approach to working Part of the Chalklands
• Excellent CPD opportunities
Join the GLF Schools Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 42 academies or in our central team.
● Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 16,000 pupils
● Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity, and Kindness
● 42 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
● We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
● Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
GLF Schools Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
● Access to our highly competitive Local Government Pension Scheme
● Flexible working options
● Generous holiday allowance
● Work life and family friendly policies
● Employee wellbeing initiatives
● Career pathways and talent management
● Access to a staff benefits portal
● Community and collaboration working model
Please read the attached Join Our Community candidate pack for further information.
Hours: 9 hours per week 38 weeks per year (3.00pm – 6.00 Tues/Weds/Thurs)
Salary: £17833 FTE
Pro Rata: £3737.06
Closing date for applications: 6th December 2022
Start Date: TBA
Interview date: TBA
To find out more or have an informal conversation, please contact Anna Hallett, Head of School
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place