This is a fantastic opportunity to join our growing, diverse and welcoming primary school, judged Outstanding by OFSTED. Our school has a passion and understanding of what effective learning is and we help to inspire our pupils to be the best they can be. In return for your hard work we can offer excellent CPD opportunities and the support of a strong collaborative team.
We have an opportunity for an organised Manager, for our Breakfast and Afterschool provision, to work closely with our Headteacher in continuing to provide a warm, welcoming and successful out of school care facility. This will include the day to day running of the provision, including the administrative side of the club, invoicing and reviewing policies and planning fun , challenging inclusive activities for all the children. The role includes developing positive relationships with Parent/Carer's, children and staff. You will be expected to supervise the children and work with the Club's dedicated team during daily Club hours in the morning and afternoon.
What are we looking for
- Able to remain professional when handling confidential material.
- An excellent communicator that is comfortable dealing with both children and adults.
- Experienced in working with children aged 4 years to 11 years inclusively.
- Aware of the importance of confidentiality and safeguarding of children
- Able to plan and support fun, challenging play activities.
- Proven experience of providing high standards of primary aged childcare
- Committed to and a strong belief in teamwork
- Able to lead challenge and motivate children and staff
- Committed to working with children and the wider community
About Aureus Primary School
Our School sits within a newly established cluster of Primary schools, overseen by a Regional Director. This is an exciting opportunity to work collaboratively with colleagues across this cluster, to share expertise and experience, ensuring all children in our schools receive an excellent education and reach their potential. It also provides opportunities for career progression across the cluster and gives you the chance to further your professional development.
Join the GLF Schools Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 42 academies or in our central team.
- Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 16,000 pupils
- Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
- 42 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
- We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
- Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
GLF Schools Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
- Access to our highly competitive Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexible working options
- Generous holiday allowance
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Career pathways and talent management
- Access to a staff benefits portal
- Community and collaboration working model
Please read the attached Join Our Community candidate pack for further information.
Hours of work: 20 hours per week 39 weeks of the year term time only
The Breakfast Club: Morning and afternoon Monday to Friday
Salary: £24,711 - £26,296 (pro-rata £11,180 - £12,567). Hourly rate is £13.16 - £14.01
Closing date for applications: Sunday 8th October at 11:59pm
Interviews: TBC with successful applications
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place