An opportunity to lead and develop the Central Teams' IT Services for a large Multi Academy Trust.
As part of the Trust IT service team and technical delivery team, you will work alongside the Head of Technical Services to ensure that the Central Trust Team colleagues receive a first-class service and that their technology remains resilient, responsive and secure.
You will manage a fully functioning multi-sourced support team with a customer-centric approach, focussing on service availability and performance, ensuring that all technical change is communicated and managed, with appropriate governance.
A key part of the role will be to ensure that a programme of continual service improvement is in place across the Central Trust Team and in line with the wider service delivery function.
We can offer flexible working arrangements including staggered start/finish times, and hybrid working. Our IT support office is located in Meridian High school in Croydon, and you will be expected to be present as and when the business requires.
What we are looking for
- someone who has a strong service focus both from the 'user' perspective and from the 'core technical' requirements
- experience in managing projects
- someone who has the ability to engage with a wide range of stakeholders
- excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- someone who is flexible and adaptable to evolving solutions
Join the GLF Schools Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 42 academies or in our central team.
- Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 16,000 pupils
- Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
- 42 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
- We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
- Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
GLF Schools Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
- Access to our highly competitive Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexible working options
- Generous holiday allowance
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Career pathways and talent management
- Access to a staff benefits portal
- Community and collaboration working model
Please read the attached Join Our Community candidate pack for further information.
Start - ASAP
Salary - Senior Specialist - Starting salary £32,000
Hours- Full time across 52 weeks of the year
Closing date for applications - 9th December 2022
Interview date - TBC
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.