We are looking to appoint exceptional class teachers to work within our four thriving schools. The successful candidate will be a talented and professional individual who shares our vision of high aspirations, achievement and has a passion for learning. They will be prepared to work hard and respond positively to the challenges of day to day school life. They will be innovative and creative in their teaching and be a strong team player.
About Chalklands Schools
The Chalklands Cluster is made up of four schools in the Caterham area - Hillcroft Primary School, Marden Lodge Primary School, Whyteleafe School and Warlingham Village Primary School. As a cluster overseen by an Executive Headteacher, we have a collaborative approach towards working which means the schools can work closely together to provide an exceptional educational experience to the local communities. The schools benefit from being able to share resources and expertise and support each other where needed. It also allows for exciting opportunities for career progression across the cluster and gives you the chance to further enhance your professional development.
What we are looking for
- Experience of working in EYFS, KS1
- Be dynamic, enthusiastic and motivated
- Be able to develop positive relationships with young children
- Be able to develop an understanding of the educational, welfare and social needs of the children whom we are supporting
- Be able to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviour
- Be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team
- Be a confident and clear communicator with parents
- A commitment to raise the achievement of all students of all abilities
- A successful track record of improving performance outcomes
- A passion to make a difference
Why work in a Chalklands School?
- A diverse, inclusive and vibrant community
- An empowering and supportive culture
- Forward thinking wider leadership teams
- High priority placed on staff wellbeing
- Strong coaching culture of professional development
Hours: Full Time
Start Date: 1st September 2022
Salary: GLF Main Scale and Upper Pay Range
Closing date for applications: 28th January 2022
Interview date: TBA
We usually encourage informal visits and look forward to showing you around our school. If you would like more information about the roles available, or a tour of the school, please contact any of our 4 schools after we return on 5th January.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place