We are looking for a Class Teacher to join our team.
We are a positive and progressive school and would like to appoint a class teacher. You would join a team of dedicated and experienced professionals.
If the answer to the following questions is yes then we would like to meet you:
- Do you have the capability and determination to provide excellent lessons that engage children and inspire your colleagues?
- Would you like to work with colleagues to develop an exceptional curriculum?
- Do you have a passion for creating learning opportunities both inside and outside the classroom?
- Would you like to teach in a school that offers the best of the National Curriculum with thematic project work to bring learning to life and make experiences meaningful?
- Do you want to work in a school that values the whole child?
- Do you want to work in a school that gives you freedom to innovate?
About our Swinley Cluster:
Lead by an Executive Headteacher, the four schools offer an exceptional primary provision for children between 2 – 11 years across the board. We see ourselves as a community of schools, striving to be the best that we can for our children and families, knowing that together, we are stronger. Our core purpose each day is to secure the highest standards of education for our pupils and to ensure that they receive the preparation they need for their futures, helping them build the resilience and character they need to make a success of their lives. Wheatfield Primary is a one-form entry in Wokingham, Berkshire. We pride ourselves in being a small school where all children are known, valued and have their individual needs recognised and met.
We are looking for someone who is
- Is committed to developing a ‘right respecting’ ethos and philosophy for children as a whole school priority
- A teacher who loves their work
- A teacher who is inspired by children and their colleagues
- An excellent teacher and role model to children, colleagues and parents, exemplifying our core principle of kindness
- A highly motivated and creative teacher
- A teacher who can create a culture of high expectations of behaviour and achievement for all children
- A positive, open-minded professional
- A teacher who is able to build strong relationships with the many stakeholders in a school
Join Our GLF Schools Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 41 academies or in our central team.
- Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 16,000 pupils
- Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
- 41 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
- We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
- Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
Our Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
- Access to our highly competitive pension scheme
- Flexible working options
- Generous holiday allowance
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Career pathways and talent management
- Access to a staff benefits portal
- Community and collaboration working model
Start date: 1 September 2022
Contract type: Permanent
Pay Scale: E&W Mains Pay Scale
Closing date for advert: Applications will be considered upon receipt and the vacancy closed if an appointment is made
We positively encourage informal visits and look forward to showing you around our school. To arrange an appointment, please call the school office on 0118-9896950.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place