We are seeking to appoint a creative, energetic and enthusiastic Class Teacher to join our hard working and dedicated staff team.
The successful candidate will be a talented and professional individual who shares our vision of high aspirations, achievement and a passion for learning. They will be prepared to work hard and respond positively to the challenges of day to day school life. They will be innovative and creative in their teaching and be a strong team player.
About Hillcroft Primary School
Hillcroft is a happy, vibrant and forward thinking school, our excellent staff team are committed and dedicated in ensuring that each and every child is nurtured to achieve their personal best. We have high standards and expect the best. As part of the Chalklands Cluster, comprising of five GLF schools within the area, we have a collaborative approach towards working which means the schools can work closely together to provide an exceptional educational experience to the local communities. The schools benefit from being able to share resources and support each other where needed. It will also allow for more opportunities for career progression across the cluster and give you the chance to enhance your professional development.
What we are looking for
• Experience of working in Primary setting
• Be dynamic, enthusiastic and motivated
• Be able to develop positive relationships with young children
• Be able to develop an understanding of the educational, welfare and social needs of the children whom we are supporting
• Be able to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviour
• Be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team
• Be a confident and clear communicator with parents
• A commitment to raise the achievement of all students of all abilities
• A successful track record of improving performance outcomes
• A passion to make a difference
Why work in a Chalklands School
• A diverse, inclusive and vibrant community
• An empowering and supportive culture
• Forward thinking leadership teams
• High priority placed on staff wellbeing
• Strong coaching culture of professional development
Join the GLF Schools Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 42 academies or in our central team.
● Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 16,000 pupils
● Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity, and Kindness
● 42 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
● We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
● Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
GLF Schools Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
● Access to our highly competitive Local Government Pension Scheme
● Flexible working options
● Generous holiday allowance
● Work life and family friendly policies
● Employee wellbeing initiatives
● Career pathways and talent management
● Access to a staff benefits portal
● Community and collaboration working model
Please read the attached Join Our Community candidate pack for further information.
The Details: Permanent – full time or part time considered for the right candidate
Salary: GLF Main Pay Range and Upper Pay Range
Start Date: TBC
Closing date for applications: 14th February 2023
Interview date: TBA
Contact: If you would like more information about the role, or a tour of our schools, please contact Wendy Vicars via the office at Hillcroft Primary School.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place